• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Axela

Nuwan007

Hi all,

I'm fancy about new mazda axela. I would like to get some advices from you guys.

How much it will cost me (reconditioned or a used one)

Is it worth buying

and finally how's the car feels while driving (comfortability, stability)

plz guys help me to make a decision. am looking forward to your replys :(

Thanks.

regards,

Nuwan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

APPARENTLY A GOOD CAR BUT I'M PRETTY CLUELESS ABOUT ENGINES. LOOKS GOOD AND THERE ARE PLENTY OF THEM AROUND. A PESON I KNOW BOUGHT ONE SOMETIME AGO FOR 3.3 MIL.

Hi all,

I'm fancy about new mazda axela. I would like to get some advices from you guys.

Is it worth buying

Thanks.

regards,

Nuwan

it truly depends on what you want out of the car :)

it's definitely a good ride...looks cool...

most cars are worth buying if you get what you're looking for and for your budget etc....

give us some details and i'm sure people will chime in :)

right now it's too loose to answer properly

Hi all,

Is it worth buying

Thanks.

regards,

Nuwan

It is a wonderful car indeed, but let us know what you expect of it. Is it fuel economy, power or driving pleasure.. cos it's got a bit of all..

Axela/Mazda 3 has some options which you'll not find in other Japanese cars of that caliber..

Mazda Axela/3. Lovely car, though some of the true enthusiasts might be find it a bit underpowered. I believe we only get the 1.6 litre version that puts out around 115 bhp? Unregistered goes for anywhere between 3.4 for the base model and 3.7 for a fully loaded ones with fake leather, bodykit and the works. Strange but when I was shopping around a couple of months back I saw a high specc'd unregistered Mazda6 going for just under 4 mil. Probably there's no demand for the 6 as opposed to the 3.

If I had the budget I'd probably go for one, though I'd worry about the unreliable agents.

APPARENTLY A GOOD CAR BUT I'M PRETTY CLUELESS ABOUT ENGINES. LOOKS GOOD AND THERE ARE PLENTY OF THEM AROUND. A PESON I KNOW BOUGHT ONE SOMETIME AGO FOR 3.3 MIL.

Should be a white car (in car sales white cars goes for leser price) how ever there was one in a sale around here which one of my friends had checked out and it was 3.5mil fully loaded

i own one and its nice :)

but my car does only 6.5 kms per litre :) ( velocity is this normal? )

if ur ok with it go ahead ;)

Zeem, I think some thing is very wrong cause my friend had an axela and it did about 11 on a litre it was a mauel how ever

Only 6.5mkpl? :( Isnt yours a 1600cc? Got to do atleast 9kmpl right?

Axela is an awesome car...

Very Smooth and Comfortable.. You dont even feel it if u crusin at 160 or 180..

like my friend zeem said.. the car does only 6-7 per litre.. i guess..

but other than than the car is simply superb ;)

Edited by lil_shane

mine is 1500cc manual

can anyone shed light into fuel economy of this car :)

i checked around 4 times now.. yes it does only 6.5

i wait til the low petrol light.. then i fil up ma tank to full.. reset trip meter and wait til the petrol lights up again :)

den divide the kms by 50 ltrs :) it comes around 6.5 :)

VELOCITY how much did ur axela work?

i own one too, :alc: and my one does around 7 kmpl. smooth ride, but yea its a bit under powered, and its got some cool options for a japanies car. its a pretty low car compared to most of the other cars in the same range. may be bcz im running in 17" alloys. iv been using it for around 2 years now, and its awesome. i bought it for 2.8 million in 2005 unreg, now its around 3.3 to 3.5 i guess. B)

ok my car review 2005 model

1500 cc Manual ( My pickup is pretty good)

has touched 180 (it was very stable on my 17" alloys)

very smooth ride

OPTIONS LIST

Flip key with REMOTE (standard option 2005 upwards)

Power Mirrors/Shutters all what you get in a modern econ car

Extra Options

Auto Head

Auto Wipers

Audio controls on Steering

Adjustable Headlamps

Ok now I love the cars DASH its awesome..

exterior Perfect ;)

everything is good from ride to stability to looks

for me it performs well im not a racer :)

Only downfall is petrol consumption :)

if u r ok with 7 kms/ltr go ahead but it ;)

My Car only Lacks SUNROOF and BOSE PLAYER :)

Manuals dont come with SUNROOF

BOSE PLAYER is just an option

the standard player is nice too ;)

and Leather is not an option by MAZDA

those are after market leather seats :)

mine is 1500cc manual

i wait til the low petrol light.. then i fil up ma tank to full.. reset trip meter and wait til the petrol lights up again :)

Incredible for a 1.5 or 1.6 liter car giving out 115bhp to give only 6.5km/l. I think something is wrong. You probably need to replace one or two sensors. Have you plugged it into the agents computer and checked it out?

My Alfa is a 2001 1.6 Twin Spark. 120bhp and is a slightly bigger and heavier car than the Axela. I get 7.5-8.0km/l in the City, and I'm never gentle. So there has to be a problem with your Mazda.

Our company also owns a 2001 Familia Sports hatch 1.5 auto which was bought unreg. We get 9-10km/l on this in Colombo.

I have driven the Maz 3 and I can tell you its a very nice drive. Yes initial acceleration seems slow but that's partly due to the smoothness.

The suspension is v good compared with other Jap cars.

hmm.. next time i goto agents for service.. i will get it checked with there computer :)

thx for the advices guyz :)

but as far as i know.. thats quite average for mazda 3..

ZUL also owns and his does only 7 :)

so i think its normal.. but something is better than nothing so i will get it checked :D

All i can say is whoever wants to buy a Mazda 3 if u guyz r ok with fuel consumption :) go for it ;)

Hi all,

Is it worth buying

Thanks.

regards,

Nuwan

hi nuwan, welcome to the autolanka i hope you enjoy your stay. i have a 2006 Mazda 3 GT... tell you the truth it is a very nice car. handling vice and cornering excellent compared to other sedans in the market now. if you drive slowly you can do 585km full tank with out a question. I really don’t know the market price for it in sri lanak but over here brand new GX CN$16795, GS CN$19995, TE CN$ 22285, GT CN$22845 and the best part is it has a Trip computer and it tells you fuel economy/range, and average speed data of the car. It’s currently one of the fastest selling North American sedan’s and the brand that has least amount of trouble in the world rank no 1.

This is my car

IPB Image

for more pictures go to my car domain page......

Edited by dillongt

@dilon

do u think my car got any problem??

it does only 6.5 :(

only 1500 cc

don't rev the car too much machan. try your level best to keep the rpm under 2 when i run on the highway it is going up to 2500 maximum for 100 kmph ;)

on the topic of the axela..are there any mazdaspeed 3/axela's in SL? it has some seriously good tweaks compared the the stock car (which is great by itself) and has a 6 speed manual, and comes in the hatchback version (which for some reason I like a lot more than the sedan).

I've always been a huge fan of the 3..I think it looks great and has a great finish. I would seriously consider getting something like the mazdaspeed 3 once prices fall and there are more available in the 2nd hand market (it was released only this year in the US)...2.3l turbocharged engine with 263hp and 280lb/ft of torque..that's just crazy. it's supposedly faster to 60 than a WRX! only negative is probably the fact that it's FWD..would be the ultimate package if it came in AWD like the mazdaspeed 6 i think! but its supposed to have a decent torque management system that minimizes wheel spin and torque steer. and apart from all the craziness its still a very refined and comfortable car that doesn't look ridiculously teenagerish!

but anyway, as far as your car goes I agree with the consensus here..it should get more than 6.5/lt. I've heard from people out here that they get up to 35mpg on the highways and around 28 in the citye, which translates to about 10km/lt. i guess. most of the cars out here have the 2.3l engine though...

mine is 1500cc manual

Bro Mine was a 1600, Infact my car was the first mazda 3 in SL. I only did 1200 km as i didnt use it that much. But bro just like dillion told any car will not do fuel if you rev over 3000 RPM. Just keep it under 2500 and 3000 on gear changes. Machan also Japanese cars do really well on fuel. Just that they do not not do well over here cos if the F***cking traffic. Also the amount pf power we rev to overtake another vehicale realy burns lot of fuel. If our roads were good our car will do more on fuel. Overtaking does sacrifice a lot of fuel( For example over taking a bus )

I had a mazda 323 RS hatch ( 1500 EFI Manual VVTI 130 BHP ) and i remember it doing more than 10-12 in town when kept over below 3000. ( Even with my 17 inch wheels on )

Edited by Velocity

on the topic of the axela..are there any mazdaspeed 3/axela's in SL? it has some seriously good tweaks compared the the stock car (which is great by itself) and has a 6 speed manual, and comes in the hatchback version (which for some reason I like a lot more than the sedan).

I don't think there are any mazdaspeed's here, especially if they only come in hatchback version. I saw a champaign gold 3 with mazdaspeed stickers all over the place a couple of months back, but they looked really tacky so it was probably aftermarket.