• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Civic Ek3 98-2000

monty

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the Civic scene and would like to know what significant differences are there among 98, 99 and 2000 Civic EK3 models and also whether there are any changes across brand new and recon ones, both cosmetic and options wise.

Cheers !

Monty :jumping-smiley-013:

Hi bro, welcome! im a proud owner of a EK3 as well. You can find more info on http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...ic=3372&hl= thread

Thanks Hola !. The thread helped me brush up on certain things.

Couple of quick questions one could help me with :

1) Is it a fact that there is a fair cost difference between brand new 98-2000 EK3 models (usually 300 to 302-xxxx) and recon ones which are often under English numbers? If so I would like to know whether the reg. number is the major deciding factor for the overall price tag.

2) Can a pair of EK3 (2000) crystal head lamps be fitted in to a brand new EK3 (98/99) model (which rather carries a dull look) ?

3) I would also like to know what LEV is all about. Any special options?

Thanks !

Thanks Hola !. The thread helped me brush up on certain things.

Couple of quick questions one could help me with :

1) Is it a fact that there is a fair cost difference between brand new 98-2000 EK3 models (usually 300 to 302-xxxx) and recon ones which are often under English numbers? If so I would like to know whether the reg. number is the major deciding factor for the overall price tag.

2) Can a pair of EK3 (2000) crystal head lamps be fitted in to a brand new EK3 (98/99) model (which rather carries a dull look) ?

3) I would also like to know what LEV is all about. Any special options?

Thanks !

machang the 300- ones are surely EK3s which are bought brand new into the island. There are sellers who will sell tem for the same price tag as an english numberplated sometimes. Machang its like this, in Civics the prices are not set up. There can be a GA-XXXX for 1.9mil or same number series at 1.5mil. You just have to keep your eyes open and make the right choice. But please refer to the thread i gave you for more

machang the 300- ones are surely EK3s which are bought brand new into the island. There are sellers who will sell tem for the same price tag as an english numberplated sometimes. Machang its like this, in Civics the prices are not set up. There can be a GA-XXXX for 1.9mil or same number series at 1.5mil. You just have to keep your eyes open and make the right choice. But please refer to the thread i gave you for more

Hola / Pilawoos...Thanks machang. Helps a lot :grinning-smiley-003:

Price difference is simply due to the fact that one is brand new and the other is recon. brand new ones have a higher CIF value than the recons thus they are more expensive.

i agree with what Hola said as well. Honda market is saturated due to very high demand (god know's why) so sellers tend to quote what ever figure that comes to his head

Price difference is simply due to the fact that one is brand new and the other is recon. brand new ones have a higher CIF value than the recons thus they are more expensive.

i agree with what Hola said as well. Honda market is saturated due to very high demand (god know's why) so sellers tend to quote what ever figure that comes to his head

Yes xXx, also adding body kits. So many Civics got body Kits (most after factory) and they might ask for extra 200,000 to 300,000