• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Good Repair Shop For Jvc Camcorder?

MADZ

Guys can someone recommend me a good repair shop for JVC camcorder ???

Hi Madz,

There is this joint close to "Vilasitha Nivasa", which I have forgotten the name of and found to be quite good,

Also Page electronics is not bad either I think and they advertise a lot on the news papers so I think you should not have any trouble finding contact details,

I think the agents for JVC is Abans isn't it ? if so I do not have the best experience with their service department, they once took 3 attemts and a year to determine they actually could not repair my familys TV due to a non availability of a part. It was an intermittent problem which they kept stating was repaired, and I finally video taped the damn problem and showed it to them just to make my point that though they charged us they still hadn't repaired the problem !

Best of luck,

The Don

Hi Madz,

There is this joint close to "Vilasitha Nivasa", which I have forgotten the name of and found to be quite good,

Also Page electronics is not bad either I think and they advertise a lot on the news papers so I think you should not have any trouble finding contact details,

I think the agents for JVC is Abans isn't it ? if so I do not have the best experience with their service department, they once took 3 attemts and a year to determine they actually could not repair my familys TV due to a non availability of a part. It was an intermittent problem which they kept stating was repaired, and I finally video taped the damn problem and showed it to them just to make my point that though they charged us they still hadn't repaired the problem !

Best of luck,

The Don

Thanks Don I'll check out those two places.

Adelphi is no more.. they have been closed for nearly 5 to 6 years now.

I know the guy who used to fix camcorders, Will pass the number tomorrow morning. I give all my stuff to him

R U talking about Dimuth or Behan machan? Both are very experienced guys for this matter. I sent Behan's number to Madz. Didnt want to post here. If anybody need I have numbers for both.

Dimuth is well experienced. Behan is well educated and experienced on subject. Both can do a very good job. I have seen them working together. Its one hell of a pair.

BTW, I worked for Adelphi as an Engineer for telecom division. Briefly in repair center also when it was opened. There were very experienced techs there for all kinds of electronics. But I have no contact infor for most any more.

Adelphi is no more.. they have been closed for nearly 5 to 6 years now.

I know the guy who used to fix camcorders, Will pass the number tomorrow morning. I give all my stuff to him

Oh thats sad to hear, shows how out of touch I am with stuff in SL sob sob

R U talking about Dimuth or Behan machan? Both are very experienced guys for this matter. I sent Behan's number to Madz. Didnt want to post here. If anybody need I have numbers for both.

Dimuth is well experienced. Behan is well educated and experienced on subject. Both can do a very good job. I have seen them working together. Its one hell of a pair.

BTW, I worked for Adelphi as an Engineer for telecom division. Briefly in repair center also when it was opened. There were very experienced techs there for all kinds of electronics. But I have no contact infor for most any more.

Do you know why they closed Thushara ?

Oh thats sad to hear, shows how out of touch I am with stuff in SL sob sob

Do you know why they closed Thushara ?

Owners moved into different lines of business (Non electronic). Telecom, Fire systems etc. divisions exist. But not in the same scale it used to be.

I meant Dimuth, Cameras is his bread and butter these days, and he has a contact in Sg who sends him all the rare parts.

I guess Madz has enough choice on where to give his camera now :)

Edited by hefraz

• 2 weeks later...

Hay guys guess what I managed to sort out the prob myself with some tips which i got from a website. Buttttt I would like to thank ALL OF YOU GUYS for the info you have provided...I'm sure it will be useful for someone else...well I was lucky that it wasn’t a major hardware fault!!!

Those who got camcorders worth checking out following website..http://www.camcorderinfo.com/bbs/index.php

once again thanks a lot guys !! :alc: