• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sri Lankan Gas Prices

dillongt

i got this from online news paper... dammm :blink:

Gallon of diesel will be Rs 328.50

Gallon of petrol to hit Rs. 508 in June

Market factors are set to force petrol prices above the dreaded threshold of Rs. 500 per gallon, with the price of diesel too climbing by 9% to Rs. 328 and 50 cents.

A gallon of petrol will cost Rs. 508.50 following the increase.

Both the LIOC and CPC have confirmed imminent rises in the prices of both petrol and diesel.

Managing Director, LIOC, K. Ramakrishnan confirmed to The Morning Leader that the LIOC plans to raise petrol and diesel prices by Rs. 7 per litre by the first week of June due to the rising import prices and the weakening of the Sri Lankan rupee against the US dollar.

Ramakrishnan also asserted that the LIOC has been paying a war premium of Rs. 1.3 per litre for the past two months, which has also assisted in necessitating the price hike.

Ashantha de Mel, Chairman, CPC however dismissed the effect of the war tax on the CPC’s balance books instead quoting the increasing import prices of petrol, currently $83 per barrel, and diesel fuel which the CPC currently imports at $89 per barrel.

De Mel confirmed that the CPC is seeking a Rs. 7 increase in the price of petrol and a corresponding Rs. 6 increase in the price of diesel, and is awaiting confirmation from Minister A.H.M. Fowzie, scheduled to arrive in Sri Lanka today.

He also verified that the CPC supplies adequate kerosene oil to the local market to prevent a shortage, despite having to subsidise the fuel by Rs. 16 at a cost of over Rs. 300 million per month.

Meanwhile, it is learnt that while efforts to purchase sophisticated interceptor aircraft for the Air Force at a cost of Rs. 6.4 billion continues, the defence establishment collectively owes over four billion rupees to the CPC in arrears.

Wow is that true? Americans are complaing now about our gas prices and its only Rs. 350 a gallon for 92 octane petrol. I guess its not that bad in the US I dont know what everyone is complaining about.

Can Sri Lanka grow corn? Lot of US farmers are making ethonal from corn to power the cars.

damn, thanks for giving us a heart attack dillongt :D Might as well get a electric bike now

Even electricity is very very high and a unit price hike is in mid June.....Im sure you will think twice about the Electric bike idea :D

How many liters are in a local gallon??

at this rate it's cheaper to set up my own distillery and import a few damn barrels, and start brewing.. er.. distilling I mean.

De Mel confirmed that the CPC is seeking a Rs. 7 increase in the price of petrol and a corresponding Rs. 6 increase in the price of diesel, and is awaiting confirmation from Minister A.H.M. Fowzie, scheduled to arrive in Sri Lanka today.

Is that a Rs. 7 weekly increase or is this a one off?

How many liters are in a local gallon??

Approx. 3.8 litres per gallon, which makes a litre of petrol around 132/= rupees <_<

Edited by Memphis

The gallon has 2 definitions

a US gallon as Memphis specified is approximately 3.8L

But a UK Gallon is approximately 4.5L

I do not know which system is in operation in SL but it sounds like the UK Imperial system as its known if it is to be in line with the figures quoted by Dillon

http://www.answers.com/topic/gallon

Edited by The Don