• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

A Double Cab

Manjula_W

Run through the S*n*ay O*s*rv*r/S*lum*na Classified sections, the T*mes H*t Ad and the M*t*r Mag. There should be a few vehicles up for sale in the A/L Classified Section as well.

Whats the budget like? What models do you have in mind?

• 2 weeks later...

You can easily find an older Mitsubishi/ Nissan (Datsun) 4WD within your budget. A 4WD Toyota may be harder to get (Sold a 94 model LN 106 Bnew, with me being the 2nd owner after the UN and 260k on the clock for 16.5 last month. Threw in an ARB tow bar and brand new Old Man Emu Suspension kit as well).

You should be able get a 2WD one in pretty good shape within your budgets.

With the market stagnant I have seen very good Toyota 107 models going for a tad under 2 mil if you could stretch that far. Superb investment, easy to maintain and decent to drive.

Good Luck!

Hi fellows,

I am looking for a second hand double cab for a reasonable price. If any one who wish to sell please let me know.

Thanks

Manjula

As you will be buying a 10+ year old vehicle, set aside at least 300k to spend on repairs etc.

This category of vehicle is pretty solid but people unfortunately tend to hack them a bit. Try to find a private owned vehicle which has been looked after well..

check the newspapers for some good deals.

Good luck, let us know how it goes?

Theres a couple of 4WD on sale on this site it self check them out.plus last S*n*ay O*s*rv*r had quite alot of 4wheelers on sale. any of you guys out here have a fair knowledge about nissan pickups here let me knw

cheers

Izuzu pickups are fairly reasonable comparing to toyotas mitsubishis and nissans... but the engine noise is killing me

yeah its worse that the rattle of a 12J :D

but that Isuzu powerplant is said to be good upto 350,000kms without any major work!

machan try a bit of sound proofing under the bonnet - you can put some thick foam sheets , cut it to size and glue it to the underside of the bonnet.its a primitive way of doing things but is quite effective i've found

but is u can get the led lined blankets from B.J Accoustics it ought to be better i figure... :)

O.T- did u see the 57- Defender in the AL classifieds? looks like a fleet vehicle from the Central bank or one of the banks (all usually came in Blue n White)

hey ..no comparison with the beloved land rover engine man......lol...:)

ha ha...i have done that sound proofing for my 300. i have sticked the aluminium foil which comes under rooves to make it cooler..but that is not very promosing.i hope it is not thick enough. what is this other stuff u have mentioned... 'led lined blankets' where is this place machan...i might give that a try.. BTW i dont own a izusu !

i guess you are right...or it could be an ex-mod. there was a period which army had civil numbers too for their vehicles..when they sell the vehicles they go with the civil numbers.

It seems to be in pretty good shape machan..

Edited by lakshank

hey ..no comparison with the beloved land rover engine man......lol...:)

ha ha...i have done that sound proofing for my 300. i have sticked the aluminium foil which comes under rooves to make it cooler..but that is not very promosing.i hope it is not thick enough. what is this other stuff u have mentioned... 'led lined blankets' where is this place machan...i might give that a try.. BTW i dont own a izusu !

i guess you are right...or it could be an ex-mod. there was a period which army had civil numbers too for their vehicles..when they sell the vehicles they go with the civil numbers.

It seems to be in pretty good shape machan..

http://www.noisekiller.co.uk/

i've also used the foil machan - but to be really effective you've gotta put it everywhen - even the insides of the seat boxes!! i've had very positive results with the Alu foil combined with the foam sheets,rubber carpets and the original Land rover thick wool like carpets

this hard foam is kinda like the slightly softer versions of the stuff that some slippers are made with! its flexible,so with the right amount of bending n multibond u can mould it into shape - i wish i could have put some of that alufoil n foam on the outside of the bell housing and grea tunnel as well as the bulkhead - would have made a huge improvement in heat n sound reduction....but gotta remove whole powertrain for that!

hmmm that jeep looks interesting... but dunno if its an original 300tdi or not - cuz its a tad iffy cuz he's made special mention that its got rear disks- its a bit of a given that a post 94 would come stock with that set up... :mellow:

Im pretty sure machan 94 models had disks...land rover started 300s in 93-94 arena...correct me if im wrong...not sure about this jeep though.

BTW i dont have a clue about the model numbers of toyota hilux. not that i have any plans to move on to a hilux at this time..my wallet is not that heavy these days.....i admire the toyota hilux pickup and keen to know about them....LN107..109LN...SSRX ... SSR ...LN106 what does these numbers mean...

note - As a Land rover owner i know Defender 90 is 90 inch wheel space and 110 is 110 inch wheel space... does hilux 107 means 107 inch wheel space????

Edited by lakshank

Im pretty sure machan 94 models had disks...land rover started 300s in 93-94 arena...correct me if im wrong...not sure about this jeep though.

BTW i dont have a clue about the model numbers of toyota hilux. not that i have any plans to move on to a hilux at this time..my wallet is not that heavy these days.....i admire the toyota hilux pickup and keen to know about them....LN107..109LN...SSRX ... SSR ...LN106 what does these numbers mean...

note - As a Land rover owner i know Defender 90 is 90 inch wheel space and 110 is 110 inch wheel space... does hilux 107 means 107 inch wheel space????

LN106/ 107 is the model code and has no relevance to the wheelbase. SSR /SSRX are different trim levels or grades of the vehicle. Also LN106 had front leaf spring suspension, but from LN107 upwards the Hilux came with front coil springs