• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Wanted : Charade Gtti

VWvortex

yup...how much was the asking price. also is this silver. i have seen a silver one around town..that was about it.

380K. Yes its a silver car. there were quite a few GTti's around, i think almost all were either White or Silver.

380K. Yes its a silver car. there were quite a few GTti's around, i think almost all were either White or Silver.

there is a 17-white around colombo , but it doesnt look a Gtti as the front bumper & the grill is changed , it is a Gtti .

There was one advertised last Sunday!

All GTtis came three door 998cc 12v 110bhp Five fwd and Independent/Coil Springs .Production ended in 93.Few works rally type 1.4l were made but none found here in SL.I owned a GTti few years back.

THE GTti ENGINE BAY

IPB Image

MINIACE

Are you looking to race in SL 'A' Upto 1000 CC by any chance? :D

Not at all :-) ... I just want to get one and have it as a weekend drive.

Btw miniace, someone told me this particular model suffers from a bearing problem..true?

Finding a good specimen seems quite difficult considering the age of the vehicle now.

Edited by VWvortex

Btw miniace, someone told me this particular model suffers from a bearing problem..true?

The problems encountered is way too extensive to list here.Finally It needed a turbo replacement when I sold it.The new owner replaced the whole engine instead...very unfortunately she opted a diesel powered one. :( Maybe you know the car Im talking about,often seen on Highlevel road.

MINIACE

The Charade is a great car but most of the versions you see on the road today are pretty much dead. Due to the small engine size people tend to push them to the limit so they tend to have issues.

That said, they are pretty fast and reasonably efficient, especially the petrol / turbo pre egg shape versions.

I too have been wondering why GTti s are not seen on our roads any more. I remember when they came to SL for the 1st time they were the choice of many racing drivers and did very well on our tracks.

However at the back of my mind I guessed the small capacity, high revving turbo engines must have gone pop.

What a shame! Any chance of slotting in a Glanza turbo motor into one?

Yes of course!! You raised the question after smelling something or... ;) Its going to be a Sri Lankan reality soon ;)

MINIACE

Well I have been thinking about it myself ;) . Right now I don't have the finances to do it. But I want to do it some day.

How easy or hard is it to carry out? And who can do it?

Well I have been thinking about it myself ;) . Right now I don't have the finances to do it. But I want to do it some day.

How easy or hard is it to carry out? And who can do it?

Its not that easy but doesnt need a milioners budget for that.Need extensive body mods and suspension mods.Custom engine assys and suspensions available at various prices in UK and US.

Will update AL with this conversion soon after first ever SL project completes.

MINIACE