• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Honda Civic

Velocity

called honda for the New Civic which is being launched tomarrow.

Manual Fully loaded 1800cc is 4.75 mil

Auto Fully Loaded 1800cc is 4.95

Autofully Loaded with Sun Roof around 5.1 mil or around.

WOW!! just the transmisison increases the price by 200,000!! woww! thaTs a big diference!

:D

The difference in prices between manual and auto transmission, is due to

the duty, cos there is more duty on auto transm than manual...

but who the hell wants to drive an auto man... ? shit.. this world is going crazy by the minute

Auto: Sit, Start, Press Knob Move gear to "D", Acceralate, Brake!

Manual: Sit, Start, Clutch, Gear, Acceralate, Clutch, Gear, Brake, Gear, Clutch, etc...

Oh damn.. so thats the difference :D

The starting price is 3.9+VAT donno what you get for that? the basic?

Manual Civics were going for 2.7 when I checked at Stafford somewhere towards the end of 2004. Two weeks later the taxes went up and looks like the prices have increased by 2mil since then..wow. By the way does Stafford only deal in Exi's?

Oh damn.. so thats the difference :huh:

The starting price is 3.9+VAT donno what you get for that? the basic?

3.9 + VAT 20 % comes to around 4.6 odd something

also the previous version was 1.5 litre

this 1800,

so basically except for the civic new looks you are paying around 1.2 million more just for the increase 300cc in the car. thats all. I dont know how logical that is. :blink:

Manual Civics were going for 2.7 when I checked at Stafford somewhere towards the end of 2004. Two weeks later the taxes went up and looks like the prices have increased by 2mil since then..wow. By the way does Stafford only deal in Exi's?

last units were sold around 3.55 of the older version,

3.9 + VAT 20 % comes to around 4.6 odd something

also the previous version was 1.5 litre

this 1800,

so basically except for the civic new looks you are paying around 1.2 million more just for the increase 300cc in the car. thats all. I dont know how logical that is. :)

last units were sold around 3.55 of the older version,

Dude you get a new car :P:P:P

Well we went over to stafford and checked the car out.. and damn its nice.. your get something a lot diiferent compared to the Sunny Corrola and Lancer. The interior has a very upto date 'new/innovative' feeling to it- with lots of space. The car looks very hot from the front as well. On the Power you get 140 compared to the 117 or so you got in the old Exi. The price is silly though- you can get your hands on some top Europian brands for 5.1..

The car should be real hit in the recon market though and I think Stafford is going to venture into that area also very soon. But I think this is one of the first times we have got a new release so eary to Sri Lanka..

By the way Stafford also have the option of a 2.0 DOHC engine car with 160hp..can be got down for 5.9 or on order I think.. Sad really standard car sells for about 1.5Mil yen! :D:(

so let me get this straight...a car "fully loaded" is 4.95, and "fully loaded" with a sunroof costs 5.1??? 150,000 just for a sunroof? damn these people know how to rip customers off! and its funny that a sunroof of all things is an option thats outside the "Fully loaded" bundle even in 2006!

I've been driving my civic for a while and i love it (its a 95), and drove my friends accord (99) last night...its an automatic, and i definitely remembered why i decided i never want one again! its so annoying when you step on the gas and all it does is just rev really loud and take 3 seconds to realise that you want it to actually accelerate! Save your money and buy a stick...you'll save enough money for the possible knee surgery through gas savings and mental well-being!

so let me get this straight...a car "fully loaded" is 4.95, and "fully loaded" with a sunroof costs 5.1??? 150,000 just for a sunroof? damn these people know how to rip customers off! and its funny that a sunroof of all things is an option thats outside the "Fully loaded" bundle even in 2006!

I've been driving my civic for a while and i love it (its a 95), and drove my friends accord (99) last night...its an automatic, and i definitely remembered why i decided i never want one again! its so annoying when you step on the gas and all it does is just rev really loud and take 3 seconds to realise that you want it to actually accelerate! Save your money and buy a stick...you'll save enough money for the possible knee surgery through gas savings and mental well-being!

machan its nothing to do with the agents. its something to do with crazy politicians. they think having a sun roof is luxury. bloody idiots they are. no wonder this country has gone to dogs. honda would be selling cars at 2.3 mil if it was for the previous tax system.

by the way heard that this car is made in Thailand. Is it True ?

Really? :) When I spoke to u about that Familia RS I got the feeling u were not a big fan of autos...

if you are buying a car with VTEC, never buy a AUTO, unless you are grandady.

if you are buying a car with VTEC, never buy a AUTO, unless you are grandady.

Uh, ok. That RS had Mazda's VVL (Or what ever name Mazda decided to call it). So u like autos in non-variable valve timing cars? Not too clear on the distinction but ok.

Mornin traffic is really bad...

yeah, it is for me when I drive too. Try coming thru Nugegoda, Batharamulla AND Malabe in the morning. Takes more than an hour.

I know, its a personal preferance. See, Autos may be good for bumper to bumper traffic, but when u find a gap and try to put ur car there, manuals win all the time. Guess it depends on ur driving style.

i swear by autos for weekday running.. can't stand driving manual tranny cars in these traffic condition

i really think they should make busses in auto tranny as well. that way the aggressive driving styles will reduce. it definitely has for me :)

i swear by autos for weekday running.. can't stand driving manual tranny cars in these traffic condition

i really think they should make busses in auto tranny as well. that way the aggressive driving styles will reduce. it definitely has for me :)

R u trying to hit 600 today too? Damn, thats a lot of post for such a short time.

• 3 months later...