• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My Keyless Entry Issue

unknown

Hei guys

I have a problem with my keyless entry. when i tired to lock the car from the remote its locks my driver side but not the passenger side. if i do it manually using the key its works fine. any idea of the problem. by the way its a 2 door car.

regards

Gihan

Hei guys

I have a problem with my keyless entry. when i tired to lock the car from the remote its locks my driver side but not the passenger side. if i do it manually using the key its works fine. any idea of the problem. by the way its a 2 door car.

regards

Gihan

Is your keyless entry system a factory fitted or an after market item ?

I think the after market items just plug in to the existing central locking system and activate that, so your problem sounds a bit strange to me if its happening with an after market keyless entry system.

Is your keyless entry system a factory fitted or an after market item ?

I think the after market items just plug in to the existing central locking system and activate that, so your problem sounds a bit strange to me if its happening with an after market keyless entry system.

keyless entry is after market. with immobilizer. the thing is that when i try to lock it you can here the sound and locks driver side but not the passenger side. this happening now regularly. i have to lock it by force from inside. when i use the key this problem wont their. and unlocking fine. only when locking it.

keyless entry is after market. with immobilizer. the thing is that when i try to lock it you can here the sound and locks driver side but not the passenger side. this happening now regularly. i have to lock it by force from inside. when i use the key this problem wont their. and unlocking fine. only when locking it.

Most likely a loose connection.

But it could also be that the after market servo motor in your passenger side door has got busted. It happens quite often if the motor and lever are not fitted at the correct angle.

one question though, does the central locking work from the key ? as in does the passenger door lock when you use the key to lock the car not the remote,

if thats the case then most likely Nira is correct in his analysis

one question though, does the central locking work from the key ? as in does the passenger door lock when you use the key to lock the car not the remote,

if thats the case then most likely Nira is correct in his analysis

yes machan its works with the key without any issue. only prob using the keyless. i will take it to a mech soon will see thanks for both of ya.

Unknown,

with my limited understanding of central locking, I think it is one relay that activates both the serve motors on the 2 doors so technically if the servo motor is gone then the central locking by key will not work as well, though I could be wrong. Maybe the after market system rather than using the existing central locking circuit might have its own servo's connected to the locks ....

I do not think it should be a difficult problem to solve, if you cannot go to the people who supplied you with the alarm system the next best place is Pala I guess

provided that ur a/m remote is using the oem actuator,

when u lock ur passenger's side door does the driver's side door get locked? (or did it used to and don't anymore?)

usually on the OEM setups there's

1.diode allowing the current to flow from DS actuator to PS actuator but not the other way around.

2.Some models simply had a wire connecting them all (this is where any one of the doors act as a central locking master switch)

3.some others had two separate ckts where u can lock all doors without triggering central lock unless u hit the dedicated central locking switch

when u ad a/m unit they only have to run one wire to the master switch or the dedicated CL switch or a wire to each actuator depending on its OEM setup. Let us know which one urs is.

You can also remedy the SYMPTOM by running a wire from DS actuator to PS actuator preferably with a 12V diode (stripe towards PS door)

hope this helps

In my earlier car I had the same prob. The passenger side doesn't lock with the remote. It tries to lock with a Krrrr... sound, but doesn't. Took it to S*n La*ka. Just cost Rs.1000-1500.

i didnt try to lock from passenger side using the key i will let you guys know thanks.

Is the passenger side door lock working in the first place? Perhaps the solenoid/motor is busted or perhaps disconnected, etc etc.

Is the passenger side door lock working in the first place? Perhaps the solenoid/motor is busted or perhaps disconnected, etc etc.

as i said passenger side can lock using the key from passenger side. i tried using the passenger side key hole to lock driver side doesnt work. that means central locking works from only driver side. but the issue with my after market keyless entry