• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tint

bhanu128

any places u guys can recomend as good places to do a tint job? what would be a rough price for normal job..

Bro,

Heard 3M is the best place for a professional tint job here in SL, & heard will cost approx 8K for a normal car.

But I got mine done at Darley rd at a location close to Rumal Motors. When ur coming from Union Place towards Maradana, its opposite the first gate of SJC adjoining a Hotel. Initially they might quote about 1000 to 1500 dependin' on the vehicle but I got mine done for 850/= bucks B) Be a bit smart in ur talking & ur done! Mine was a Colt Hatchback & got the complete rear screen + wind screen strip + both sides doors (except for the driver/passenger ones) done.

Just a note : Be very careful with these 'Kudda' buggers who'll rush to you the moment u slow down ;) Again be smart in handling them (may be a few street slangs would do :violent-smiley-030: ) & straight approach a shop. In case u get caught for these buggers u'll end up dumping about 2K.

In case ur car already has an old worn out tint, make sure to properly remove it prior to stickering the new one. In fact I had & these guys did a good job in removing them first.

Good luck man.

Bro,

Heard 3M is the best place for a professional tint job here in SL, & heard will cost approx 8K for a normal car.

Initially they might quote about 1000 to 1500 dependin' on the vehicle but I got mine done for 850/= bucks B)

Thanks for the info guys.. i guess it cheaper to face the kuddas and get it for 1k than burn 8k at 3M.. similer experice i got was for my coolent they (tried) charge 650 per 1l bottle :( . Got the same stuff for 290 at sathosa in palawatte :)

:unsure: its a shame there is no place in sl to do a 'custom job' tint.. those flames looks cool B)

customs tints are fine i guess but done tastefully :P

those flame things are so ricey it's not even funny :lol::lol::lol:

speaking of custom tint, i saw a hiace with a tint like the one shown in the link..i figured it must have come from japan like that..

when I imported my car in from Japan they tore off the tint saying it was illegal. Is tint legal again? 8k is pretty good for tint especially 3M tint if its metallic. Im about to redo my M3 with Huper Optik ceramic tint which is blocks out 70-90% more heat than the metallics. I got quote for about $320 (Rs32,000)

US$320 = 35000+ :(

when I imported my car in from Japan they tore off the tint saying it was illegal. Is tint legal again? 8k is pretty good for tint especially 3M tint if its metallic. Im about to redo my M3 with Huper Optik ceramic tint which is blocks out 70-90% more heat than the metallics. I got quote for about $320 (Rs32,000)

US$320 = 35000+ :(

hmm the dollar is falling against the euro too so the rupee must be taking a skydive.

I forgot to mention the ceramic tint also does not interfere with ur GPS system or ur antenna if its built into ur glass like mine. The metallic does and it also effects the radar detector. So the ceramic tint is deff worth it. I wonder what they are using in Dubai?

I got quote for about $320 (Rs32,000)

$320 or Rs 32000 might sound a lot for us here in SL, but in US even working at a fast food joint, part time you can earn that within a week. But we in SL pay Rs 10000 for a 3M tint, which is more than a monthly salary of a fast food joint full timer.

Bro, what you spend in US is peanuts, compared to the thumping amounts we have to spend to do the same thing!

:P

One more example, I spent 5 Mil ($50,000) to get a 5 year old 320D and for that money, you bought an even newer M3!

:blink:

Edited by madmax

$320 or Rs 32000 might sound a lot for us here in SL, but in US even working at a fast food joint, part time you can earn that within a week. But we in SL pay Rs 10000 for a 3M tint, which is more than a monthly salary of a fast food joint full timer.

Bro, what you spend in US is peanuts, compared to the thumping amounts we have to spend to do the same thing!

:P

One more example, I spent 5 Mil ($50,000) to get a 5 year old 320D and for that money, you bought an even newer M3!

:blink:

yeah $320 is nothing for good huper optik tint. :action-smiley-060: What are you trying to say? You cant compare prices in SL and the US thats like comparing apples and oranges. Normal metallic tint is $220 If 3M is $100 in SL thats a really good deal.

Edited by Lalithster

yeah $320 is nothing for good huper optik tint. :action-smiley-060: What are you trying to say? You cant compare prices in SL and the US thats like comparing apples and oranges. Normal metallic tint is $220 If 3M is $100 in SL thats a really good deal.

that's exactly what max just meant... $320 maybe a lot of money but for a person earning 3-4k a month in the US is it really that much? what are you trying to prove? :)

it's all about relativity... things cost more in the US but you earn well enough to survive and pamper yourself... you don't get that comfort here dude...

Edited by sharkster