• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Recreational Canoes/kayaks

Ripper

Does anyone know of a place in SL where you can buy recreational canoes.

I've scoured the web, directories but couldn't find a place that does the job...

However adventure tour operators and hotels seems to have got these babies.

Didn't start calling local boatyards yet thought i'd try my luck here first :)

Does anyone know of a place in SL where you can buy recreational canoes.

I've scoured the web, directories but couldn't find a place that does the job...

However adventure tour operators and hotels seems to have got these babies.

Didn't start calling local boatyards yet thought i'd try my luck here first :)

There was an advertisement for water craft of all sizes including canoes in the Man's Mission Magazine (Its found at Super Markets and at Hameedia outlets) with Mr. Hiran Cooray on the cover.

xXx

I stay in wattala...close to the kelani river inlet.

The sea, river and hamilton canal is just 5 mins away from my house :)

Basically i'm thinking of either car topping it or taking it in another vehicle to different inland waterways for some good rowing time... :) I heard that kalu ganga is also a good river canoe since it comes through sinharaja forest also :jumping-smiley-013:

But first of all i need to get a good canoe...

Milindu

thanks for the info buddy..will check this mag out. first time i heard about it though :( I've not seen it in at keels or cargills the 2 spots we shop at.

Btw. Hiran Cooray is one of my clients :)

There was an advertisement for water craft of all sizes including canoes in the Man's Mission Magazine (Its found at Super Markets and at Hameedia outlets) with Mr. Hiran Cooray on the cover.

Sharkster

I assume you were in competition rowing...those are a killer until you get your rhythm right and even still it's pretty tough since racing conditions puts you out of rhythm at time

I think of all the sport i've played...Rugby was the toughest :)

At least in rowing you can condition yourself and stay within your limits...rugby has no such comfort zone :angry-smiley-048:

Peri

so sharkster must be heavy smoker eh! I stay off of those things mainly because of this "lung factor" that has a direct connection to the "stamina factor" that has connections to many things i'd rather not discuss here :rolleyes:

But booze is cool :action-smiley-035:

Or the Lung capacity :lol:

xXx

Milindu

thanks for the info buddy..will check this mag out. first time i heard about it though :( I've not seen it in at keels or cargills the 2 spots we shop at.

Btw. Hiran Cooray is one of my clients :)

Your welcome. Whats is the industry you are in? Great meeting people who are in or related to the travel trade. We handle FIT besides normal vehicle hire.

I'm in advertising :)

Jetwing hotels are one of clients and i've been involved in some work for SL tourism also :)

Me personal opinion is that SL has so much to offer but our focus is not good enough to use them properly :)

I love the outdoors and SL has so much to offer in that department since we're a small country with a wide variety of "attractions"...

if access to these places were better and support systems were in place...we would be doing much better with our tourism industry :(

Luckily few people are taking sl to the right places...

There's a lovely SL scuba diving site with some great info...much better at attracting the eco adventure tourist than some of the big names in the industry :)

I'm also into big game fishing :) I've noticed recently that some tour operators are offering this also in their packages. But the presentation is awful :(

what type of tours do you do if you don't mind me asking?

Your welcome. Whats is the industry you are in? Great meeting people who are in or related to the travel trade. We handle FIT besides normal vehicle hire.

Sharkster

I assume you were in competition rowing...those are a killer until you get your rhythm right and even still it's pretty tough since racing conditions puts you out of rhythm at time

I think of all the sport i've played...Rugby was the toughest :)

At least in rowing you can condition yourself and stay within your limits...rugby has no such comfort zone :angry-smiley-048:

Peri

so sharkster must be heavy smoker eh! I stay off of those things mainly because of this "lung factor" that has a direct connection to the "stamina factor" that has connections to many things i'd rather not discuss here :rolleyes:

But booze is cool :action-smiley-035:

yeah i was in competition rowing back in college... and i didn't smoke at the time :) i quit rowing cos it used to take up too much time off my studies cos we used to practice hours on end doing 10km a session about 3-4 times a week (an actual race would only be 4km)... that's when all hell broke loose and i was back to my bad habits lol...

Edited by sharkster

Sharkster...you're not a joe by any chance right :)

when i was in college i've seen dudes doing their practices in Beira Lake early morning...at the time we didn't have rowing in college :(

Sharkster...you're not a joe by any chance right :)

when i was in college i've seen dudes doing their practices in Beira Lake early morning...at the time we didn't have rowing in college :(

no machan i was in wycherley... and when i said back in college i meant university (UK)... basically we used to row on the thames wearing 3 layers of clothing to withstand the cold... terrible weather but i loved the sport... and on the topic of booze... it was quite funny cos we used to all end up at a pub after each session!!

Sharkster....ahh man...you like Guinness...from the tap and not from that cheapo cans....

My boss here is brit dude...major guinness guy :) Last time i was in pattaya we downed 4 pints each from a nice irish pub :) It happened to be st.patricks day so all the loyal fans got guinness hats including myself :) Looks pretty silly but heck after a few pints...life is good :) or great rather :)

I will keep an eye for you at AL gatherings if you're in SL that is :P

Miniace,,,, thanks mate :) If i don't get my canoe i'm gonna buy one of that plans and build it myself :)

Wouldn't mind a weekend project :) Only if i knew more about fiberglassing :(

Sharkster....ahh man...you like Guinness...from the tap and not from that cheapo cans....

My boss here is brit dude...major guinness guy :) Last time i was in pattaya we downed 4 pints each from a nice irish pub :) It happened to be st.patricks day so all the loyal fans got guinness hats including myself :) Looks pretty silly but heck after a few pints...life is good :) or great rather :)

I will keep an eye for you at AL gatherings if you're in SL that is :P

hey man... i LOVE Guinness!!! and my friends would never understand why... i have a leprechaun hat too from st patrick's day 2004!! here's a pic... nothing silly about it :D

dsc00617smallwq3.jpg

Shot with DSC-W50 at 2007-06-30

and yeah give us a shout at the next AL event...

Hey Sharkster...

Guinness is an acquired taste as they say :) you either love it or hate it

many friends of mine who are heavy drinkers hate guinness.. too bad for them eh :)

My leprechaun hat is simillar but it resembles four guinness mugs :) they ran out of those st.patrick day version hats with the shamrocks little early in the day... but cool scene...i still love my hat :) and my guinness :)

Too bad you don't get them in SL :(

Next AL event...yeah man...we'll have a go at a few pints :)

MiniAce...

Didn't know about the fibre experts here. I have read a lot on the subject but was in doubt whether you can get the same raw material in SL...especially in lower quantities...

the main thing i need to know is whether we get fibre tape and cloth here...and in what thickness... Do we get 2 part epoxies and filler material here and do they sell all these in smaller quantities.... at what price etc :) the usual stuff i suppose :)

You think i should start a thread on the topic to "attract"t those fibre experts? ???

hey man... i LOVE Guinness!!! and my friends would never understand why... i have a leprechaun hat too from st patrick's day 2004!! here's a pic... nothing silly about it :D

dsc00617smallwq3.jpg

Shot with DSC-W50 at 2007-06-30

and yeah give us a shout at the next AL event...

MiniAce...

Didn't know about the fibre experts here. I have read a lot on the subject but was in doubt whether you can get the same raw material in SL...especially in lower quantities...

the main thing i need to know is whether we get fibre tape and cloth here...and in what thickness... Do we get 2 part epoxies and filler material here and do they sell all these in smaller quantities.... at what price etc :) the usual stuff i suppose :)

You think i should start a thread on the topic to "attract"t those fibre experts? ???

Call up Velocity or Rohith! Two very nice and very helpful gentlemen!

MINIACE