• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan N16 Supersaloon

Kirikiththa

Hi Autolanka gurus, Id like to know more about Nissan N16 Super Saloon 2001/2002 models and it's reliability on Sri lankan road conditions, especially about the fuel consumption and the related maintenance etc. etc. Did anyone recomend to go for a N16? Then Y?, I have some kind of thought of going for a N16 Luxary Edition (Teak dashboard/interior). Any of you recomend?

Fuel consumption : High, 6-7 KmpL on avg in the city.

Maintenance: I used it for 3 yrs, only had to change the Air flow sensor (common fault in N16's).

Reliability: Good, no issues.

Look for Jap imports over Singapore Imports - The suspension is softer, fabric seats are softer over the fake leather, easier to find parts for the 1.3 and the 1.5 engines over the 1.6 that usually comes from Singapore (There are 1.5 litre fabric seat cars coming from Singapore with the speedo going up to 220)

Looks impressive for the money and no major problems. Ride is pretty mediocre, rear seat space limited for a call of its class. Front suspension starts giving mild noises fast but you can run quite a bit like that.

The 1.3 versions don't move - its absurd going up country in one.

Brandnew imports with low miles will be the best buy.

The manuals will give around 9 per litre.

Good luck!

Edited by milindu

using n16 for more than three years(automatic transmission) 1.5

*fuel consumption 7km per lter colombo with traffic

*fuel consumption 12-14km per liter down-south- yala/sigiriya/ trips

very comfortable for long trips

no troubles.

ground clearance also good

• 2 weeks later...

Can you guys please tell me if the blue bird Sylphy YOM 2000, 1500cc is worth buying 1.9Mil

or

Blue Bird Sylphy 20XJ YOM 2000 2000cc for 2.3mil

or

a Primera TP12 YOM 2000

how is the fuel consumption in these vehicles.

Edited by kaushj

Can you guys please tell me if the blue bird Sylphy YOM 2000, 1500cc is worth buying 1.9Mil

or

or

a Primera TP12 YOM 2000

Fuel consumption for the Sylphy 1.5 litre is on par with the N16 figures given in this thread and the Primera around 6km/l (Not sure about the 20XJ Sylphy).

Keep in mind that all these cars are very difficult to sell (specially under current market situation) so bargain hard.

There are enough registered N17 B'New Imports in the low 20's range if you are keen on a Nissan or pay no more that 17/50 for a good N16 (I saw a Maroon one for 18 at a sale but it still remains unsold). Despite the nicer interior, you are looking at greater depreciation with the Sylphy.

Best that you drive all the cars and make your choice.

Thanks machang,

Theowner of the 2000cc Sylphy was sayin that it does about 10km/l- which i think is a load of crap.

How is the Honda EK3 everyones talking about.

Are there any good civics which are economical. Im not a fan of the city.

If I cant find anything nice im going for a Carina Ti Myroad YOM 2000 for 2.0Mil

Sick and tired looking for cars.

Thanks machang,

Theowner of the 2000cc Sylphy was sayin that it does about 10km/l- which i think is a load of crap.

How is the Honda EK3 everyones talking about.

Are there any good civics which are economical. Im not a fan of the city.

If I cant find anything nice im going for a Carina Ti Myroad YOM 2000 for 2.0Mil

Sick and tired looking for cars.

Hey Kaush!

My advice is go for the Carina if you like the car. Its the smoothest out of the lot with decent fuel consumption. You also have the benefit of greater reliability and easier resale (Worst case forced sale value should be around 1.9mil anyway). The only drawback is the ageing looks if at all.

Don't know much about the Hondas (They are quite satisfying to drive, but I realised that the suspension wears out much faster - as tested on a 2002 model). The City build and materials are not up to the JDM quality you see in the other cars you mentioned.

Good luck and keep up posted!

Hey Kaush!

My advice is go for the Carina if you like the car. Its the smoothest out of the lot with decent fuel consumption. You also have the benefit of greater reliability and easier resale (Worst case forced sale value should be around 1.9mil anyway). The only drawback is the ageing looks if at all.

Don't know much about the Hondas (They are quite satisfying to drive, but I realised that the suspension wears out much faster - as tested on a 2002 model). The City build and materials are not up to the JDM quality you see in the other cars you mentioned.

Good luck and keep up posted!

Thanks machang,

I will come to a decision during the coure of next week.

or

or

a Primera TP12 YOM 2000

the 1500 cc blue birds should definitely do better on fuel than the TP12, think the blue bird autos average around 8 in the city. but if you're going to choose between the 2000cc blue bird and the TP 12, the primera is a 2001 model, its a higher grade and better looking car and its 2000 cc as well. both should have pretty similar fuel consumption figures. the primera has got a nice interior and its fine for everyday use if your company is paying the fuel bill! parts are readily available though its advised you look for an agent maintained car.