• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Tyre For Kia Rio

digital

What is the ideal tyre size for my car ? (Kia rio 4 door 2000)

currently i have 175/13 (all worn out)

can someone recommend me a suitable tyre and advice me on current market prices ?

Edited by digital

Why would u wanna change the size? The manufacturer recommend a size, stick with that. Then the only thing u need to worry is the brand. THAT there is a thread on, like Pila said.

I guess i am having the standard tyres and it seems to be an original one from korea, but i noticed several Kia rio's with 15" tyres.

according to previous threads i assume Bridgstone is the best choice for Sri Lankan roads ? If i'm supposed to put the original size i should go for the following specs ?

P 175/70 R13

Edited by digital

I guess i am having the standard tyres and it seems to be an original one from korea, but i noticed several Kia rio's with 15" tyres.

according to previous threads i assume Bridgstone is the best choice for Sri Lankan roads ? If i'm supposed to put the original size i should go for the following specs ?

P 175/70 R13

Hi Digital!

While the larger alloys will look better and make the handling sharper, the fuel consumption will increase a bit and most of all the ride will become a lot more uncomfortable (suspension wear will also be more). It will cost a bit more for the larger tyres and the alloys/rims.

Best that you stick with the current size as Peri suggested but all depends on what you want with your wheels.

yeah! i'm quite comfortable with the current tyre size. the main reason to change my tyre set is the alignment problem + the tyres are worn out. the car moves sideways if i take my hands off the steering.

These kinds of things are still new to me.. Actually this is my first experience using a reconditioned car (which i purchased recently) Sorry for the noob questions ;)

Thanks a lot guys

Edited by digital