• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Evo X

KaluZ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just doing a Calculation on How Much the Evo X RS will cost in Brand New in SL.

Sri Lankan Market Price Lancer GT Non Evo Model.

Mitsubishi Lancer GT - 6.4 Million ( 2.0 LTR MODEL )

FOB JPY 2,047,500 - 2,008,783.38 LKR

DUTY 44 ( Inclusive of Shipping )

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Evo X RS

FOB 2,999,750 - 2,943,027.07 LKR

DUTY + Shipping 64 + 29 = Rs 9.3 Million

NOT SURE IF MY CALCULATION IS CORRECT, but i am sure with 1 years Depriciation you can land a Evo X RS for around 8.0 mil - to 8.5 mil.

Any Expert Thoughts on this.

Evo X RS

FOB 2,999,750 - 2,943,027.07 LKR

DUTY + Shipping 64 + 29 = Rs 9.3 Million

NOT SURE IF MY CALCULATION IS CORRECT, but i am sure with 1 years Depriciation you can land a Evo X RS for around 8.0 mil - to 8.5 mil.

Any Expert Thoughts on this.

I remeber Evilmak mentioning the price was 13 Mil. Mivec.turbo shold have the exact figures, and I'm sure he's already placed the order.

Velocity are you sure your calculations are correct? The word on the street is that the actual figure is actually close to twice that. After all, even the IXs were brought in at a higher price. At 8 mil SLR, it would be a steal.

Bro my argument is that Same 2LTR version Lancer is Rs 6.4 million. So the Price difference in Japan of the Non Evo 2 LTR model and Evo X RS just one Million Bucks. So only increase on duty should be for that One Million.

Remember RS is just a basic car with none of these fancy gadets and I am telling about a Private Import and not a agents import, Infact the Evo IX GT nishan ordered costed around 9.5 million at that Time.

Anyway hopefully some one will do a private import, if so can really check the duty component.

Machan Evo X is a amazing car. Saw some videos what evilmak sent me. This is a serious piece of machine. would love to own one.

just curious.. is there some sort of new regulation saything that all rally cars have to have a ambulance like big orange light on top? Cos i dont think i'd seen it before...

PS: are these real rally pics or some sort of demo.. cos both the STi and Evo have numbers "00"

Edited by Dilesh

just curious.. is there some sort of new regulation saything that all rally cars have to have a ambulance like big orange light on top? Cos i dont think i'd seen it before...

PS: are these real rally pics or some sort of demo.. cos both the STi and Evo have numbers "00"

they are the safety cars machan, thats y the lights and under the numbers its stated safety.

I know that the Zero car runs the route ahead of the actual competitors, just to warn spectators of the impending traffic, to ensure one last time that the course is clear to run, and to let marshalls along the way know that the competitors will be coming through shortly. The Double Zero car probably runs as a sweeper, after the last competitor has already left the start.

they are the safety cars machan, thats y the lights and under the numbers its stated safety.

ahh thanks... actually i didnt see the word 'safety' before... my bad....:)

So, if i understand right, the EvoX and the new STi are not actually running in the rally this year, is it?

I think Evo's gave up the WRC scene. The Lancer WRC looks nothing like the Evo. And that was just Lancer WRC, no Evo attached to that name. Well, last years car didn't, at any rate.

What you just said doesn't make any sense at all.

What you just said doesn't make any sense at all.

When Mitsu ran in GroupA they had to create 2500 street legal versions of the car which is what led to the creation of the Evo. Running in WRC class as opposed to GroupA allows the cars to be very different to the actual street cars, and therefore Mitsubishi doesn't have to comply with the homologation rules and build a similar car for the road.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_A

The Evo VI was the last Evo built before Mitsu moved to the WRC class. This is why purist claim the Evo VI to be the best of the bunch... and why I an jealous of Evilmak <_<

When Mitsu ran in GroupA they had to create 2500 street legal versions of the car which is what led to the creation of the Evo. Running in WRC class as opposed to GroupA allows the cars to be very different to the actual street cars, and therefore Mitsubishi doesn't have to comply with the homologation rules and build a similar car for the road.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_A

The Evo VI was the last Evo built before Mitsu moved to the WRC class. This is why purist claim the Evo VI to be the best of the bunch... and why I an jealous of Evilmak <_<

Thanks, you cleared up summin that confused me a bit too :)