• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Question Regarding Some Vehicle Ads Al

Bugbase

Hi Admins,

Recently I saw couple of vehicle ads in AL, which said "with numbers or without numbers".

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=3107

Simply by looking at those ads to my understanding is that, those vehicles are registered vehicles and the seller is willing to sell those vehicles with the registration number or without the registration number. the first option is legal, but to my understanding the second option (whithout the numbers) is illegal in Sri Lanka.

So shouldn't the admins of AL filter these kind of statements from ads, which are leading to illegal actions? Otherwise sometime later there might be a blackmark in AL site.

OR

Have I misunderstood all this "with number or without number" thingy?

Comments?

BR,

Bugbase

I think this is not illegal.

According to the AD this jeep has been used in army. This guy must have bought it from army auction.

When you bought a vehicle used in forces for regular use you have to re-register it for a new number. Civilians are not allowed to drive vehicles with military numbers. :violent-smiley-030:

I think this is not illegal.

According to the AD this jeep has been used in army. This guy must have bought it from army auction.

When you bought a vehicle used in forces for regular use you have to re-register it for a new number. Civilians are not allowed to drive vehicles with military numbers. :violent-smiley-030:

Hi,

Yes I agree on that. But if you check the Ad clearly it says its 32-****. And When you buy it out from army auction they need to change the number and the name to the current owner. So when they are selling it they don't have any army numbers. Thats the usual procedure (to my knowledge/experience).

But simply this ad says with numbers or without numbers. I know there are people who sell old registration document and the number. So to me this is something like that... which is illegal.

And it clearly says its BOUGHT from army auction.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

BR,

Bugbase

Edited by Bugbase

Yap! u are correct...

No idea what this 32-5*** is!!!!!!!!!!!

It cannot be an army number. If so it should be UHA -****. isn't it???

Some one offered me a BJ40 with out a plate and offered separate plate and the books of another one altogether cost was around 600k. Didnt go for it since I got so many advices not to do so. . If coped will be ended up in fourth floor. Thats mean buying a vehicle with out a number is illegal as well as to sell ! :violent-smiley-099:

Yap! u are correct...

No idea what this 32-5*** is!!!!!!!!!!!

It cannot be an army number. If so it should be UHA -****. isn't it???

Most army vehicles puchased since the late 80s were registered with the RMV as well.

Each car had both a 'Civillian Number Plate' and the usual Army plates. This was done due to the security situation at the time, and the civillian plates were used for day to day running and the army plates for official functions etc.

Most army vehicles puchased since the late 80s were registered with the RMV as well.

Each car had both a 'Civillian Number Plate' and the usual Army plates. This was done due to the security situation at the time, and the civillian plates were used for day to day running and the army plates for official functions etc.

i thought was this " civillian plate " come to scene when the vehicle sent out from military usage. mostly when military going to sell them out..

correct me if i am wrong....

Most of the civilian regd are exposed when vehicles are auctioned.Majority are running with fake plates and sometimes get busted by police :D

MINIACE