• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Motorshow This Weekend

Velocity

went there last night. but i must say i was rather disappointed. Except for a RX8 (wink wink), a supra and some Defenders (i must say thats quite an overdose of defenders for one show :D) there really wasnt anything much.

The only agent (except for motorcycles and some Chinese vehicles) was A"M"W.... Compared to motors shows from previous years its quite a let down.... i guess agents are also having bad business to be spending on motorshows....

there are some low budget chinese cars if you want something new. 1.85mil for a car about the size of a soluna... though the ride is pretty uncomfy and build quality needs a lot of work. even the sample car they had there had water vapor inside the headlights and the steering was loose. shiish... but price-wise it sure beats ass of a recon toyota ITS which sells at 2.75mil!

oh and there's some body-kit stores... looks like AUTO-Vision body kit expert came up with a solution for his overweight kits.. make them out of tissue.... i swear they seem like they'll crack if you even lean on them, let alone even bump onto wall while taking corners...tsk tsk tsk...

i was planning on going today as well, to take some pictures, but i wont be, considering there's very little to take pictures of...

nice meeting you velocity :)

and Memphis i saw your car pulling in at the gate, but didnt see you inside...

overall, kinda disappointing due to the lack of variety at the show, but the stalls themselves that were there were giving the visitors their Rs.50/- of entrance... :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it would help frankly if they space out the events depending on speed the motor industry's evolving lol.. I thought as much it would not be as the last exhibition.. but hell, its worth a drop in yeah :) Wanna specially have a clean look at Dimmas RX-8..

Zz

I 100% agree with Dillesh.. i was disappointed too :( .. No posh cars to see except a 240SX,RX8, a supra and an Imprezza.. it seems that our motorshows are getting more and more boring as they promote low quality economical junk...as Dilesh said i too saw water vapour in several Chinese motor vehicles...and some vehicles are dirty… dust covered tires...even saw a bike with worn tires...(its not pretty to display those in that condition)...

*There are too many defenders...as if they are there to defend the image of the event. :angry-smiley-048:

*i should emphasis this too..our srilankan ppl should learn how to take photos without touching the vehicles...most of the vehicles are covered with fingerprints...its very sad no matter to whom it belongs! remember "cars are like wives if it aint yours dont touch it!" it is better not to touch vehicles on display even though it doesn’t says "Please Dont Touch!" Sri Lankan Dads and Moms should teach these small things to their children rather than raising monkeys and chimpanzees. :angry:

was that white one a RX7 ? (next to Supra)

Archon :angry:

Hey guys im not discouraging ppl to go there...i just told what i felt and it was my own point of view okay!.. guys if you are interested i think it is better to pay a visit...! sometimes you may love what i hate :unsure:

Archon :mellow:

I agree...something is always better than nothing.Its still worth going there rather than staying home :) .Preferences and standards vary you know! You got to wait few more months for the next annual motorshow at BMICH.

was that white one a RX7 ? (next to Supra)

no mate its a mazda autozam.. the front was modifies by KRK with a set of mazda 3 head lights n the full body kit..it liooks nice but lot of extra weight fiber ha ha...also there were mobifications done to the bonnet n fenders to match the lights..car looks good

No beemers, no audis nothing of enormous interest but the exhibition was ok.. Dim's RX-8 was wicked in real life lol... along with all his expensive looking car care products ;) was in a hurry though.. came darn late.. there was also a wicked bike, judging by its tank size most probably over 1k CC.. was told by DevZ it could be a Hornet 600C.. but the tanks so darn huge :) Sun Lanka did try their best to put up a good show and even Pet#o was dull this time along..

It was OK lol..

Zz

Edited by neXGen

Guyz the black mk3 was there... and the blue rx 7 which parked in Pet#o stall is dillons(previous owner) one rt?

yea. that white car is a mazda eunos which is my neighbors car and we both did the modification by KRK. if you are really like audio stuff you should check out the black mazda 3 with RF power system.

btw mickys(porkster) car is awsome...

the show was shape for me.. but hope it will be more happening today...

Edited by neasmh

Mike's car was looking awesome.. pity they didnt demo it at the time we were there.. his car is supposedly already been fitted with some high quality component based audio stuffs.. Noticed that RF seems to be a standard in Pet#o :)

Zz

Edited by neXGen

went there last night. but i must say i was rather disappointed. Except for a RX8 (wink wink), a supra and some Defenders (i must say thats quite an overdose of defenders for one show :D) there really wasnt anything much.

Worst Motor Show I Ever seen, I went there last Night and i wanted to take pics, bt after i enter the show im amazed, WCC (Shehan's) Van with Woofer Spinners look awesome, after some time saw Dilons RX-7, Rashmi's N/A supra look good, and there are few properly Modifid Rides by Asnaka, RX-8 & Black Sti look nice,

Bt we want to see more cars, we see most of those Rides on Sunday Nights,

Even 10 Rs Ticket is not worthy for this Show

Undoubtedly the main attraction was "velocity ride RX8" ! :) Many thanks to his newly introduced wax ,all palm,finger prints on his babes were wiped off in no time :D and a fulltime employee was on detail for that :lol:

MINIACE

Not very much to capture :action-smiley-060:

Velocity's hot alloys

picture001ti0.jpg

Shot with Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi at 2007-07-29

Landrover Defender Tomb Raider Limited Edition

picture008xf7.jpg

Modified Willy's CJ8

picture010xi2.jpg

The Signature of Landrovers - Oil Leaks. The well known owner of this 6Wheel Landy had bullshited bigtime. He claims it's All wheel drive. But take a peak underbody and you see the 2nd rear diff doesn't even connect to the drive shaft.

picture012dd8.jpg

The locally done Stretch Limo - Code named Lexus LX650...

picture013mc4.jpg

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE A/L MEMBERS WHO DROPPED IN AT OUR STALL. THAT INCLUDES

MINI, DILESH, GAYA, MADZ,MADMAX, PRAVEEN, DEVINDZ AND HIS FREINDS, DIHAN, MONAMONU, NEXGEN, SLT20005.

EVILMAK, GUNAT, ASH, SATAN, JAVID, ISHRAQ AND ZAKIE WITH KLM...

We will be soon having a A/L Promotion on CAR WAXES for Meguiar's

Seriously the show was shit. I just cannot beleive the Organisers could not bring Something Special for the Show. Like Some one said It was all filled with Chinese Junk.

Guys I am seriously in love with that Landrover Softtop. :rolleyes: ( ARMY TYPE ). please if any guru knows if its worth for that price please comment me. Its from a Army Auction.

Madmax thanks for that Wheel Pics. :)

Guys I am seriously in love with that Landrover Softtop. :rolleyes: ( ARMY TYPE ). please if any guru knows if its worth for that price please comment me. Its from a Army Auction.

Madmax thanks for that Wheel Pics. :)

Best people to get advice on this might be, Miniace and DevindaZ

aarrgh....boring motor show <_<

got myself a PFD and that's about it... :)

Hopefully the CMTA motor show and FP motorshow will concentrate more on cars than on low quality accessories <_<

aarrgh....boring motor show <_<

got myself a PFD and that's about it... :)

Hopefully the CMTA motor show and FP motorshow will concentrate more on cars than on low quality accessories <_<

Luckyly i missed this motor show.

CMTA ( Ceylon Motor Traders Association ) Motor show will be held on november or december. will be a good show with great rides.

Very disappointed... :unsure: nothing much to talk abt other than our Dims and very few other rides and stalls. Quite a drop from the last time. Last time Formula+ (I think) motor show was much better with some eye-popping classic cars and others.

How came I missed Porksters ride. Somebody got any pics??? BTW I need Mikes contact no. I wanna ask where he got the angel eyes for the Lucino. Need to get a pair. Plz post the contact no if someone has that. Thanks in advance.

Very disappointed... :unsure: nothing much to talk abt other than our Dims and very few other rides and stalls. Quite a drop from the last time. Last time Formula+ (I think) motor show was much better with some eye-popping classic cars and others.

How came I missed Porksters ride. Somebody got any pics??? BTW I need Mikes contact no. I wanna ask where he got the angel eyes for the Lucino. Need to get a pair. Plz post the contact no if someone has that. Thanks in advance.

The next F**** P*** Motorshow will be on 21st-23rd September. There will be quite a few classics taking part.

Edited by milindu

and Memphis i saw your car pulling in at the gate, but didnt see you inside...

I was there with Gaya and a few guys from Racersedge for about 2 hours. Quite a crowd at the time. Maybe that's why you missed us..

Milindu...

Hope FP motorshow will have new cars as well :) they were pretty good with their classic car selection last time around but we need the new ones also :)...

I felt that FP show was more a "car show" where this weekends' one was mainly for landies and accessories :) Didn't spend much time also since there was nothing much to checkout :action-smiley-060:

the asking price for that defender was 5.7mil.. considering the cost of a new one i guess its worth it. but you can probably do it yourself for about half that cost. a freind of mine bought a old defender from the army about 6 months ago for 1.0mil (all thats useble was the chassis and the book).... and since you have the workshop you can probably have more resuources than most of us...

another hitch with the ones at the motorshow (except the 57-xxxx black one) is that they have 325-xxxx plates, which are sort of a turn off...:(

Edited by Dilesh