• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Problems With Maruti 800?

pissa

good thread to discuss but I've seen it lately.. anyways got two stories

one of my good friends approached me 3 yrs back 'n asked for a vehicle buying advise. Whether to buy a brandnew maruti. I said I don't mind you buying a maruti but try a second hand old jap first and then set for a maruti. On contrary he said 'machang I can't stay in garages and am not a guru in vehi's so I'll go for a maruti' so he went ahead and bought. One and half years later after (obvious the warranty expired) he came back and said 'I really regret the buy and I think I should've listen to you' I asked why. Gosh there were thousands of them..

Clutch troubles at least once a month and clutch disengaging is rough, the car rattles a lot as he disengage the clutch

A/C troubles

Charging problems which agent went ahead and replaced the battery and ended up replacing the alternator but problem didn't solve completely. He had to accelerate in the traffic to keep the blower speed properly ;)

Front windsheild leaks when raining (!!!) and the passenger gets a leg wash as a complement absolutely free of charge

he says breaks are not sufficient for him to achieve a good stop (he said no servo assisted is it true?)

Second story

another one asked the same question, I said the above story.. but he too went ahead and bought. so far he runs properly completely trouble free except for some particles blown through the blower.

The Maruti 800 from a commercial fleet perspective is that they are cheap, economical and reliable when they come brandnew. Its good for 4 years and 80-100k when properly run without much abuse (yes certain parts do break but replacements are cheap). The second hand values are not too bad either. The newer versions a slightly improved.

The Alto scores with a newer shape, better build and reasonable economy and is fully worth the difference. The Jap version feels much better and smoother to drive and use despite the smaller engine.

The Zen is better to drive with a bigger feel, but tends to make more body noise and is pretty thirsty for a 1.0.

Its hardly a driver's car but you can't ignore the sales figures and secondhand value.

Edited by milindu

Hey Guys what u guys suggesting for a Maruti 800 I mean there is plenty of second hand jap cars but if we can say couple of cars that can goes for that range…… what are fuel consumption and running cost and etc. and If we can come up with the Maruti as we like that we can help some one to make the right choice……. And Make there decision more easy…….. Because he can go through this thread and will know what to buy and stuff :angel-smiley-002: ……… BTW I know most of u guys not interested in Indian cars check the New Zen it has the total look and feel of a jap car………………… hehehehehehe still I guess its only the out side I mean interior and exterior lol…………. I think the inside still a Indian…… :rolleyes: