• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

D does not get engaged in AT - Sunny FB14

dishan4172

Question

Hi, I have a problem. My Nissan Sunny fb 14 automatic,  takes a long time to engage the D gear after a stop of 4-5 hours or an overnight. There is no sign of ATF leak, gear missing or any kind of sound from the Gear Box.

For moving forward, either I have to keep engine in ideal RPM for 4-5 minutes before engaging D or after starting the engine, engage D and wait for 4-5 minutes. If I engage D earlier than that, the car will remain as if in N Gear. For the R gear no issues at all at any time.

After the car has traveled around 1 to 2KMS, the problem completely goes away and if I shift back to N and back to D again, it will take only a 1 sec delay.

To get the car moving quickly, I have to engage initially 2nd or 1st then 3rd gear finally D and drive it approximately 1KM before the D works.

This problem did not come suddenly. It has been getting worse over the last 2 years, and initially it happened only after an overnight stop in cold season. Now it happens every morning or after a stop of 4-5 hours. The colder the engine is, the longer it takes to get D engaging.

Kindly advise. Thank you.

Edited by iRage

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet