• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Humming Sound When Accelerate

dpbatagoda

Question

Hi,

My vehicle is : Toyota, TownAce, CR42, 3C-E Engine, Auto gear, Done 70K on meter.

I am observing an Humming sound when accelerating in Drive mode. This sound is not observable in P or N gears.

this is also not observable in accelerating slightly in D gear. Only observable in 30% - 60% of accelaration in D gear.

Any ideas?

Thanks

8 answers to this question

You'll have to be a little more specific, unfortunately. I suggest you take it to a known mechanic to have it checked out, since its not something thats easily diagnosed thru forum questions.

Since its an automatic, its hard to tell. Does the hum come while progressing through one gear or is it spread across gear changes? Either way, i'd still recommend you take the vehicle to be diagnosed.

You'll have to be a little more specific, unfortunately. I suggest you take it to a known mechanic to have it checked out, since its not something thats easily diagnosed thru forum questions.

Since its an automatic, its hard to tell. Does the hum come while progressing through one gear or is it spread across gear changes? Either way, i'd still recommend you take the vehicle to be diagnosed.

Hi Dude,

Is there a good gurage around Colombo/Rajagiriya/Kolonnawa Area for Toyota townace problems?

Regards,

Dharshan

Hi,

My vehicle is : Toyota, TownAce, CR42, 3C-E Engine, Auto gear, Done 70K on meter.

I am observing an Humming sound when accelerating in Drive mode. This sound is not observable in P or N gears.

this is also not observable in accelerating slightly in D gear. Only observable in 30% - 60% of accelaration in D gear.

Any ideas?

Thanks

First check the fluid level,if satisfied change oil through a ATF and see.Check for any visible leaks from the case.This is all you can do without taking to a technician.

Thank you very much for your replies.

The humming sound increases the when climbing a hill with AC on.

Observable in D, 2, 1 gears only.

Recently I had an Engine tune- up at Toyota Lanka and also had done ATF oil change from Laugf. Although I have asked the service advicer to have a look at the issue of this sound and he has told that it’s normal in CR42. But I know this is not normal from my previous vehicle experience.

Regards,

Dharshan

has told that it’s normal in CR42. But I know this is not normal from my previous vehicle experience.

No humming sound is normal.take the vehicle to a qualified technician or engineer immediately,before causing further damages to the box!