• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer 2007 Glx

kuma

Hi Friends,

I'm hoping to buy a brand new 2007 LANCER GLX (1.3 or 1.6 ) for the permit. Which would be a better option - 1.3 or 1.6 ? Those who have used one, pl.comment on the fuel consumption,reliability and reselling value ect.

I haven't used one, but there is a general perception that 1.3 sedans are a tad under powered especially when running around with AC, so more people would be attracted to the 1.6 version I guess. Having said that the 1.3 version might be more fuel efficient than the 1.6 version

Had the 1.3

Its a Realy Fugly Designed Cheap Car. No Looks, No Status and No Direction. Front Looks as if it was designed from China and Rear from Taiwan. 1.3 litre is totall underpowered ( I mean what can you expect from a 1.3 ).

Its a very Roomy Car. Very Comfortable and Has very GOOD trunk Space and very reliable. GOOD Seating Possition too.

But everything interior has no sense of design at all. Reliable car and cheap to maintain. Sometimes you might have problem with the Gear Oil Seal when you put more miles on the engine. Replacement of the PUMP costs around 12000 bucks, ( Parts from the Ag***t may be over priced )

Other than that car is ok, but this is very dull car and may be good for the older generation. But has a Good Price tag of around USD 8500 for the permit.

hope it helps.

Had the 1.3

Its a Realy Fugly Designed Cheap Car. No Looks, No Status and No Direction. Front Looks as if it was designed from China and Rear from Taiwan. 1.3 litre is totall underpowered ( I mean what can you expect from a 1.3 ).

Its a very Roomy Car. Very Comfortable and Has very GOOD trunk Space and very reliable. GOOD Seating Possition too.

But everything interior has no sense of design at all. Reliable car and cheap to maintain. Sometimes you might have problem with the Gear Oil Seal when you put more miles on the engine. Replacement of the PUMP costs around 12000 bucks, ( Parts from the Ag***t may be over priced )

Other than that car is ok, but this is very dull car and may be good for the older generation. But has a Good Price tag of around USD 8500 for the permit.

hope it helps.

VERY GOOD comment VELOSITY !! Thanx !!!

I haven't used one, but there is a general perception that 1.3 sedans are a tad under powered especially when running around with AC, so more people would be attracted to the 1.6 version I guess. Having said that the 1.3 version might be more fuel efficient than the 1.6 version

A friend of mine has a TRAD SUNNY. Recently he replaced its 1.3 engiene with a 1.5 . His experience is that the latter is more fuel efficient ! Any comment Don !?

A friend of mine has a TRAD SUNNY. Recently he replaced its 1.3 engiene with a 1.5 . His experience is that the latter is more fuel efficient ! Any comment Don !?

Hi there

I do not know much about Trad Sunnies but what I have heard from petrol heads in Aussi driving style, traffic and stopping starting has more effect on the fuel efficiency. Cars with 2.8lit V6s could do up to 10km/lit, if U drive in a flat terrain with no hicups keeping the speed around 80kmph. Same car can guzzle 1 Litre of fuel for 4 kms if U go hard on the accelarator (specially auto). ).

1.5 litre engine probably best suited to Ur freinds driving habits I guess. For example he would accelarate for little time to get up to the speed (what he prefer to drive at) and drive in low rpms after that (in the case of 1.5lit). With a 1.3 lit he would go harder on the accelarator in low gears (high rpms) till he get up to his prefered speed then there would be more fuel consumption in traffic. (This is just a assumption)

Had the 1.3

hope it helps.

Great comment Velocity, Mitsubusi as a brand struggling in the market, They lossed there image (by memory it was engine failiurs) and some times have to compete with korean cars. There Australian factory is closing down becuase they do not have enough sales. There first Lancers and Pajeros were leaders in japanese car designing but after 1990 it went upside down.

Great comment Velocity, Mitsubusi as a brand struggling in the market, They lossed there image (by memory it was engine failiurs) and some times have to compete with korean cars. There Australian factory is closing down becuase they do not have enough sales. There first Lancers and Pajeros were leaders in japanese car designing but after 1990 it went upside down.

bro starting from the Mitsubishi Tredia Upto the Evo 6.5 i have been a Hardcore Evo and Mitsui Fan. But Last Few Years they have really made Everything Really Badlooking.

But machan i guess Mitsui Now have changed their Design Strategy. I guess they have brought out the New Triton / The New Lancer and Evo X and and the Sportero. They all look hot. Hope the New Engines and Technology can really keep up well.

There GDI's sucked big Time.

Edited by Velocity