• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hp Gain?

Arc Angel

hey guys.

I'm looking to start off with some mods for my 98 ek3.

Can anyone tell me how much HP I would gain from installing a performence air filter and tubing?

and also an exhuast sys (and what I can get without having to sell the car to get it).

Also, anybody who's done the whole tuned-i-chip deal, let me know what the scene is.

thanks

hey !! glad to see another honda fan :-)

Start off with basic Intake/Header/Exhaust mods ...

Try to work on getting some weight off too (carbon fibre hood/hatch), it helps rather than spending a lot of $$$ on working the engine.

I've tried both ways with my 2 race civics. 1 i built the engine (running 217WHP) while other is stock engine with completely stripped interior and carbon fibre works. Both are equally competitive in my hands, it all depends what you want to do with the car and how extreme you want to dive into the world of mods :-) Believe me when i say "its addictive".

as you said, finish it off with a TIC ECU :-)

No complains about the ECU, Zaki came to Dubai and tuned my EK and a few other civics. Feedback is positive from the guys here. so go right ahead, i dunno much about what's available in Sri Lanka .. best is to speak to some Honda guys there.

I warn you not to get confuce with many advices coming up.Coz sometimes advices are nothing but jokes ! Just go to Zakie! And all your questions will be answered and most importantly you will be happy with the tune-ups!

MINIACE

Yeah man Mr. Zakie-D is the man for the Hondas.. got one of he's chips in my Ek3 as well.. no issues and is tons of fun on an open road. Heres something from he's site:

Tuned i-Chips is the first Sri Lankan company to locally offer professional engine management solutions. With the experience gained from several years of racing and tuning Honda VTEC-powered cars, we can turn your car into a track-monster or a stop-light screamer should you require a little bit of extra juice from your car’s standard setup. With many successful projects carried out on EGs, EKs and Integras, Tuned i-Chips is the only name in performance tuning for Hondas in Sri Lanka.

Our ECU tuning portfolio includes……….

• Reduced VTEC changeover which allows VTEC to kick in earlier

• Increased Rev Limit that extracts all the power produced

• Optimized fuel and timing maps

• Maps to handle upto 3.0 Bar Boost in Turbo cars

• Removal of factory-fitted speed limiters

• Auto to Manual Gearbox Conversions

• Complete Engine/Gearbox/ECU Swaps B16s, B18s and EXI to VTEC

For non-Honda cars, Tuned i-Chips will soon be offering i-Chips Easy, which is a piggyback ECU that can be configured for both efficiency and horsepower in a variety of applications both N/A and Turbo.

Should you require any of these services or have questions about how Tuned i-Chips can help your car perform better, contact Zakie at Tuned i-Chips on 0777 508 864.

Thanks guys, for all your posts...

and yeah, I'vee been a honda freak all my life but only just got my hands on a truly special creature (I call her 'Maya').

Did go to Zakie on Sat, and boy were you guys right: HE IS A GENIUS.

he gave me both good news and bad news.

The good news : my engine in a d15b 3 stage vtec. (wich has been swapped in)

The bad news : my control box and dist. cap are $#%@!

at least it has the potential to be great. so now i need to save up some $$$ and make it happen. will be going the whole hog at once (intake, straight through exhust an all the works).

aand zakie will be the man to do it.

(and if you read this bro, give me a discount) :lol:

hey !! glad to see another honda fan :-)

Start off with basic Intake/Header/Exhaust mods ...

Try to work on getting some weight off too (carbon fibre hood/hatch), it helps rather than spending a lot of $$$ on working the engine.

I've tried both ways with my 2 race civics. 1 i built the engine (running 217WHP) while other is stock engine with completely stripped interior and carbon fibre works. Both are equally competitive in my hands, it all depends what you want to do with the car and how extreme you want to dive into the world of mods :-) Believe me when i say "its addictive".

as you said, finish it off with a TIC ECU :-)

No complains about the ECU, Zaki came to Dubai and tuned my EK and a few other civics. Feedback is positive from the guys here. so go right ahead, i dunno much about what's available in Sri Lanka .. best is to speak to some Honda guys there.

bro post some pics of your stipped down civic pls

thanks for the compliments guys :-)

well the EG i never dynoed, but the EK pushes out 217 to the wheels. Zaki knows my cars well, tell him you met Albertho at AL Forums :-)

I think we're going off thread.

ARC Angel might start scolding me inside for jacking his thread !!!

oh the black hood is a Spoon carbon fibre hood :-) the other black stuff is Spoon lip spoiler Spoon rear roof spoiler :-)

Edited by albertho

thanks for the compliments guys :-)

well the EG i never dynoed, but the EK pushes out 217 to the wheels. Zaki knows my cars well, tell him you met Albertho at AL Forums :-)

I think we're going off thread.

ARC Angel might start scolding me inside for jacking his thread !!!

oh the black hood is a Spoon carbon fibre hood :-) the other black stuff is Spoon lip spoiler Spoon rear roof spoiler :-)

no worries there mate, i've pretty much got an idea where i need to go from here (for starters only), so you just feel free to gloat :P about those rides all you want.

hey, you guys think zakie will be able to tell me how much Bhp the car will put out? I mean, is there some sort of test he does? I forgot to ask him that.