• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Does Anyone Know About The 141

Mihirana

:unsure: Does anyone know about a toyota car model called 141. I heard it to be a deisel and its to be launched in September.Most importantly I heard it is available for the permit. My google search didn't work that well it brought up some irrelevant stuff.

(The corolla is also known as the 121, right?)

:unsure: Does anyone know about a toyota car model called 141. I heard it to be a deisel and its to be launched in September.Most importantly I heard it is available for the permit. My google search didn't work that well it brought up some irrelevant stuff.

it's techincally the 10th generation corolla. As you may know, corolla's are numbered according to their generation. we had the AE80, AE90, AE100, AE110, NZE121, and now the 141...

the previous series was 120. the model that came to SL was 121. (I think the US one is significantly different). Similarly the next generation is the 140 series, I'm not too sure about the 141 specifically, but there are a few versions of the 140 series available right now. in Japan the version is the axio, while the 140 series car proposed to be launched in US is a lot more different. I presume that model that ought to come to SL eventually should be the Japanese version, hence try searching for corolla axio. However don't blame me if the model that eventually does turn up here is different to it..... :violent-smiley-099:

Edited by pissa

There were some threads about this on Autolanka recently. It is known as the Corolla Axio in Japan and will replace the 121 model. Toyota Lanka has disclosed the specs of the diesel version - CE140 after a long wait. But it is a BIG disapointment. According to official specs (which I saw myself) it will carry the 2C engine that we saw on the CE110 corollas. I'm pretty sure it is at lease a good 15 years old, with not even EFI! Output was a puny 80-90BHP.

Toyota Lanka was making fun of Unimo for bringing in the Montero Sport with the engine of the outgoing L200, Seems like Toyota has nothing to be so proud of now!

Looking at the current situation, the Koreans seems to be ahead of the Japs when it comes to small diesel engines!

Edited by madmax

There were some threads about this on Autolanka recently. It is known as the Corolla Axio in Japan and will replace the 121 model. Toyota Lanka has disclosed the specs of the diesel version - CE140 after a long wait. But it is a BIG disapointment. According to official specs (which I saw myself) it will carry the 2C engine that we saw on the CE110 corollas. I'm pretty sure it is at lease a good 15 years old, with not even EFI! Output was a puny 80-90BHP.

Toyota Lanka was making fun of Unimo for bringing in the Montero Sport with the engine of the outgoing L200, Seems like Toyota has nothing to be so proud of now!

Looking at the current situation, the Koreans seems to be ahead of the Japs when it comes to small diesel engines!

I can live with the good ole 2C (The 3C is over the limit and the D4D is probably not the best for our fuel and would be too expensive for the CIF limitations). Unfortunately the non-permit duty paid prices are absurd.

On the topic of the 141, has anyone seen the Geely MK 1500cc that has come to SL?

:rolleyes:

Thanx.

I tried with toyota axio. It comes under toyota corolla axio. The car doesn't seem to be a head turner nor a high powered one. The interior looks stylish and spacious though.

But I'm sure there would be a fleet of axios in our roads.(TOYOTA MANIA)

I'd better save my permit for a CIVIC 1.8s i-vtec for 28.5 rather than spending 34(as I heard) on the axio despite of the axio's predictable fuel efficiency. At least it has the prestige look and acceleration(Not to mention the great interior). Stafford says there is a long queue. So I'd have to wait until the January stock arrives.

What do you guys think of my choice???

:rolleyes:

Thanx.

I tried with toyota axio. It comes under toyota corolla axio. The car doesn't seem to be a head turner nor a high powered one. The interior looks stylish and spacious though.

But I'm sure there would be a fleet of axios in our roads.(TOYOTA MANIA)

I'd better save my permit for a CIVIC 1.8s i-vtec for 28.5 rather than spending 34(as I heard) on the axio despite of the axio's predictable fuel efficiency. At least it has the prestige look and acceleration(Not to mention the great interior). Stafford says there is a long queue. So I'd have to wait until the January stock arrives.

What do you guys think of my choice???

Hello Mirihana,

I would stick with the Honda. My decision would be based on if you wanted a driver's car or a car to be driven in. The philosophy, in my opinion, is Honda builds cars that engage their drivers, similar to BMW (I can just see the non-Honda guys getting all bent out of shape :ninja: ). Whereas, Toyota builds solid vehicles that have a build quality comparable to a Mercedes. So, if I were making this choice, the decision is simple - if you like driving your car choose the Honda.

As a disclaimer - I bought a 2007 Honda Civic (guilty!) for my wife and I am currently looking to buy a BMW X3.

Chris

• 4 months later...