• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Advise On Fb15 (2004 Model)

kapuwa

Hello All,

I am new here and looking for help.

I have a max budget of LKR 2.5 million in cash. I went around colomb today and found that i dont have much options other than FB15 and VIOS for what i have. After consulting few, all of them said to go with a FB 15. The one i narrowed down has following features

- 9000KM done (saw a JJPA some certifivate before export)

- FB 15 2004 Model - Super Saloon

- Silver Color

agreed price, 2.5 million (including reg)

is this a good deal or i should look more?

what are the other options i have?

Best Regards

Amila

Come on experts help Amila out,

In my personnel opinion the FB15 initially had some problems with sensors etc, but they were resolved in later editions, and I think it was Sharkster who mentioned that its really case of protecting your sensors when washing the engine during services (or preferably do not wash the engine at all !)

There was a thread dedicated to the Vios and the general idea was it was a good car as well,

I personally do not see much to select between the 2 except maybe the FB15 is a rather old model on its way out, and will there be issues of value retention when a new model comes out ?. Also does Amila have an option of purchasing a Bluebird Slyphy which is essentially a N16 made in Japan ????

I am sure Amila would appreciate any other options which are available for that budget in the re-con market,

Regards

The Don

Hi All

Don, Bluebird Slyphy is 2.7+, I checked about two cars. Is it worth that money? Options we get are almost identical to FB15.

I was trying to get a car for cash with a max limit of 2.5 million. I can always lease the balance, but asking grunters to sign papers is the last thing I want to do :) so, if I lease 5-10laks, I have a budget of 3.5. But I am not too sure weather I want to invest 3.5 on a car - yet!

Now, today I got a call from a friend who is trying to sell a Mazda 3 (Mazda Axela) done about 25,000km and maintained well. I heard it has a triptronic gearbox etc, etc. he is asking 3m - what’s the market rate of such a car?

Milindu - I don’t mind a registered car also provided that it is in good condition

Best regards

Amila tennakoon

Hi All

Don, Bluebird Slyphy is 2.7+, I checked about two cars. Is it worth that money? Options we get are almost identical to FB15.

I was trying to get a car for cash with a max limit of 2.5 million. I can always lease the balance, but asking grunters to sign papers is the last thing I want to do :) so, if I lease 5-10laks, I have a budget of 3.5. But I am not too sure weather I want to invest 3.5 on a car - yet!

Now, today I got a call from a friend who is trying to sell a Mazda 3 (Mazda Axela) done about 25,000km and maintained well. I heard it has a triptronic gearbox etc, etc. he is asking 3m - what’s the market rate of such a car?

Milindu - I don’t mind a registered car also provided that it is in good condition

Best regards

Amila tennakoon

Have a look at the recently registered Corolla 121 models that have come from Japan (Pref. not Singapore). A well maintained car would be a much nicer option than the Vios or the FB15.

With cash in hand 2.5-2.6 million should buy you a very good car.

Have a look at the recently registered Corolla 121 models that have come from Japan (Pref. not Singapore). A well maintained car would be a much nicer option than the Vios or the FB15.

With cash in hand 2.5-2.6 million should buy you a very good car.

I second that, and the Corolla should hold its value a bit better, and easier to dispose off in that budget, plus you would have got somebody else to pay for the initial depriciation,

Milindu, do you think the Primera TP12 is a good option for Amila ? also a Civic ES3 maybe ?

Also I know he had his eye on a CRV some time back, any idea what those go for these days ?

And you asked me about the 406, There is a member called Harshana who is possibly the resident expert in that brand, but I suggest you find a low mileage brand new import if you have any interest in the car. I hear the ride quality and the drive of that car is exceptional, if you can live with the quirks,

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=3005 as an example of whose those are going at these days,

Regards,

The Don