• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Kia Sportage Diesel

Lucian

Hi Friends,

The KIA sportage 2.0CDi XE diesel is available on permit for 3.3. This is within my budget (sale of Allion, how much will it fetch?)

Can a owner please be kind enough to share their experince with me. I've had a look at the vehicle not bad. Now I'm more interested to know the robustness of the vehicle, maintenance and problems etc.

Further the 2008 Corolla 2.0 Diesel is also on offer for the same price. What would an expert recommend.

I'm not a heavy outdoor enthusiast but do a bit of crazy stuff on and off.

Also all the experts out there would love to hear your expert comments and reviews.

Hi

I am no expert and no been in a Kia have seen lot of KIA sportages on Australian Roads. 1997 KIA sportages still going ggod and seems not tired enough to go into the junk yards. Unfortunatly I do not know about the KIA diesel engines to give U any advices. Just google "KIA sportage diesel reviews" on the net there are few reveiws U can read. Following two links will conect U to two reveiws

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/car-reviews/car-a...el-1004505.html

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/27072007/45/kia-sportage-0.html

Edited by Parak

The Sportage has two competitors in the permit category, Hyundai Tucson and the Ssangyong Actyon.

Despite the love-it or hate-it styling and the low market penetration, the Actyon has better build quality and technology compared to the Sportage.

Also the Hyundai Tucson has a better build than the sportage, even though it is essentially the same thing underneath with Hyundai owning Kia and both cars sharing the platform and the engines.

So it is worth paying a visit to Hyundai Lanka and Micro Cars to check out the competitors before you make a decision.

Edited by madmax