• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Whats The Best Suv/4x4 Under 2.5m

sandeep

Hi,

I'm a newbie buying my first vehicle, and i'm considering a suv for the price range of under 2.5m.

I see that vehicles like the suzuki vitara, terios, honda hrv are within that price range. Does anyone know how fuel efficient these or any other suv's within my price range are? I mean if they do less than 10k per litre i will probably have to buy a car. :unsure:

My knowledge of vehicles is extremely limited, so i'd appreciate any help from the experienced guys out there.

Thanks & Regards

you can buy:

Rav4 old version - 2CC

Mitsubishi RVR

following must be efficient in fuel, if its a concern:

Toyota Cami - 1.3CC

Terios - 1.3CC

Jimmy - 1.3CC

you will have to wait till the other members come to work :P

Hi,

I'm a newbie buying my first vehicle, and i'm considering a suv for the price range of under 2.5m.

I see that vehicles like the suzuki vitara, terios, honda hrv are within that price range. Does anyone know how fuel efficient these or any other suv's within my price range are? I mean if they do less than 10k per litre i will probably have to buy a car. :unsure:

My knowledge of vehicles is extremely limited, so i'd appreciate any help from the experienced guys out there.

Thanks & Regards

Your best option is an English No 97-99 model Rav 4 for economy, comfort and reliability. A manual shift will get you closer to your fuel figure.

Terios/ Toyota Cami is not too bad but tends to be a bit bumpy relative to the Rav4. But you can't beat the price and it is an eonomical and reliable vehicle.

All the Vitaras I have come across have been quite heavy (esp. the autos) on fuel but good vehicles overall.

Good luck!

Your best option is an English No 97-99 model Rav 4 for economy, comfort and reliability. A manual shift will get you closer to your fuel figure.

Terios/ Toyota Cami is not too bad but tends to be a bit bumpy relative to the Rav4. But you can't beat the price and it is an eonomical and reliable vehicle.

All the Vitaras I have come across have been quite heavy (esp. the autos) on fuel but good vehicles overall.

Good luck!

Tnx for the reply's Kim,Milindu

I didn't know a Rav4 would be available in this price range! Is it the the 2 door version? What is the exact year model/make (So i can google for some pics ;) ).

Tnx for the reply's Kim,Milindu

I didn't know a Rav4 would be available in this price range! Is it the the 2 door version? What is the exact year model/make (So i can google for some pics ;) ).

1996 - 1999 models are in the range which you specified. no its 5 door models.

there was a (new) 2000 model, 2 doors for sale in Sunday paper for 2M. (but then again its 2 door) - 1 owner vehicle

i have heard that the Rav4's fuel consumptions are not that good specially AUTO's, but then if malindu advices, then nothing to be worried :) try to find a manual. there was a 301- advertised recently on AL, check that out.

let us informed of the progress :D