• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bmw 316i

Sajith

Question

12 answers to this question

If i'm not mistaken, the E30 1.6 is the same block as the 318i, with shorter stroke, etc. Which means the engine has a timing chain and not a timing belt- technically should run forever without replacement.

The E30 is probably the 'original' best 3 series BMW made. It was not packed with complicated electronics or driver aids. Just a simple RWD car with a fabulous chassis. If the car has been maintained well, it should be a cracker to drive (handles great...in the dry!). But i think the 1.6 would be mildly underpowered (96bhp), and shouldn't get you into too much trouble as such. Watch out for cars that have had bad accidents where the suspension has taken a beating- once taken out of whack, its very hard to get them to behave as original after repair.

To be sure of the car, might be best to get Prestige to check it out for any other issues. The only warning i can give is the wet weather handling- make sure the tires are good, and the driving is cautious!

always loved the E30 beemer.very hard to find a good exampla on the road though.any idea about the current market price of a well maintained mint E30?one of my friends sold one for about 750K two years back.

Yes machan.....As i knw still the price tag would be ar 7-8 lax.

Yes machan.....As i knw still the price tag would be ar 7-8 lax.

Most of the cars advertised for 7-8laks are not in good condition. Me & my bro were looking for one sometime back & all we found were hacked cars. The owners of cars which are in good condition very rarely sell them.

The E30 316! is a lovely car!

I used one few years back and returned impressive results during that period.I experienced no major technical problems during that time.Someday Im going again for a E30 316i especially the the 7878 I had.

MINIACE

The E30 316! is a lovely car!

I used one few years back and returned impressive results during that period.I experienced no major technical problems during that time.Someday Im going again for a E30 316i especially the the 7878 I had.

MINIACE

Hey did you own 16-7878???

Yeah machan, during 2002-2003, the green babe! Hope it still got the lovely CD player and two sexy tweeters I fixed.Who owns it now?

MINIACE

Green?? When we had it it was dark grey. It had a CD player but I can't remember the tweeters. We owned it from late 1999 to 2001 if I remember right. Really enjoyed the car but it could've done with more power. I traded in my Mazda Interplay for this car so maybe I missed the hooliganism of the Interplay. But this was one refined car and great on a long distance.

Green?? When we had it it was dark grey. It had a CD player but I can't remember the tweeters. We owned it from late 1999 to 2001 if I remember right. Really enjoyed the car but it could've done with more power. I traded in my Mazda Interplay for this car so maybe I missed the hooliganism of the Interplay. But this was one refined car and great on a long distance.

Cool...I fixed the CD player and the tweeters.It was greenish grey.What a car,and It delivered 10+ Km/l I remember.carried M power body kt and badges and all user manuals and service record entry log.Only problem was the worn and noisy fuel pump.One previous owner was a bar association member and had Colombo courts entry sticker fixed.I abused that many times ;)

MINIACE

Cool...I fixed the CD player and the tweeters.It was greenish grey.What a car,and It delivered 10+ Km/l I remember.carried M power body kt and badges and all user manuals and service record entry log.Only problem was the worn and noisy fuel pump.One previous owner was a bar association member and had Colombo courts entry sticker fixed.I abused that many times ;)

MINIACE

Yeah we had the user manual and service record book. The fule pump was replaced when we bought it and it had the pump on the outside.

We repaired the a/c and suspension at Milroy's as well at the clutch kit if I remember right. yeah it was very economical.

I liked the M-tech kit too but my favourite extras were the sports seats. :) I can still 'feel' the refinement of the drive train even now!!!

Yeah we had the user manual and service record book. The fule pump was replaced when we bought it and it had the pump on the outside.

We repaired the a/c and suspension at Milroy's as well at the clutch kit if I remember right. yeah it was very economical.

I liked the M-tech kit too but my favourite extras were the sports seats. :) I can still 'feel' the refinement of the drive train even now!!!

Hi,

A friend of mine bought a 316i about a year back for 9.5 . The car was mint then (Different story now as the paint got scrwed by bird droppings) The man's enjoying it to the fullest and I fell in love with it and bought a E36 318i. After driving jap cars for over a decade it's a total different experience & I happen to fall in love with it on a daily basis !

Yeah I had the pump left rear and developed noises.

I also love the leather seats and had few cluch washer issues due wrong DOT fluid used by previous owner.I used DOT3.

Its great to own a E30 and drive,I still carry my good memories,still love that babe,one good car I used!

MINIACE