• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Radiator water has an oil mixed

clodi

Question

Hi Guys, One day when i was travelling in the highway, my engine overheated due to a blown radiator hose. After i got it fixed from my garage, they said they can see an oil coming from the radiator. They asked me to replace the Oil Cooler saying that its leaking transmission oil. I showed this to other two places afterwards just to make sure. Both places checked the engine oil by pulling the dipstick and opening the engine cap to see the colour of the engine oil. It was ok. Afterwards, they leaked some transmission oil from the sump and checked if there is water in it. Its also not there. As of now, no body from those two people are not sure if this is transmission oil or engine oil. What are your thoughts guys. Whats the best thing to do now. My vehicle is Vitz 2008 1300. (The layer on top of the image shows the oil, It's visible in the radiator cap as well.)

image.png.6d3a10b9933d5124f201c309b023e2e2.png

Edited by clodi

2 answers to this question

The problem is most likely related to the transmission oil cooler
you can check the location of the leak by applying pressure to the system. If this is indeed the problem, then you need to replace the transmission oil cooler. if you need oil or spare parts, look at globy.com. then thoroughly flush the cooling system to remove all remaining oil. after all this it would be good to check the transmission and engine.

Edited by Steph740
error