• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

AXIO hybrid ABS issue

AAce

Hi friends, I Need some advice. I hear a hissing sound while pressing the brake pedal in traffic. The sound is like some air is leaking. My accumulator pump is also running every 20 seconds for 2-3 seconds when the car is ON and in parking gear. No error codes yet. Is this a sign of ABS failure? Any comments please.

On 2/27/2024 at 9:54 PM, AAce said:

Hi friends, I Need some advice. I hear a hissing sound while pressing the brake pedal in traffic. The sound is like some air is leaking. My accumulator pump is also running every 20 seconds for 2-3 seconds when the car is ON and in parking gear. No error codes yet. Is this a sign of ABS failure? Any comments please.

What's the mileage ?

Hissing sound is normal for this brake system. If you don't have any errors there's nothing to panic. Accumulator running is the standard operation to re-pressurise the system (which gets de-pressurise after few minutes from switching off the vehicle) 

If you can replace brake fluid every 10-15k, that will help longevity of the ABS modulator. As for accumulator and the pump, the pump obviously will wear out over a period of time and will need replacing when it doesn't generate enough pressure or takes prolonged period to pressurise the system.