• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Gt Racing Drivers Racing In India

Velocity

ALL OUR GT RACING DRIVERS ARE COMPETING IN INDIA TODAY. ARAVINDA PREMADASA, DINESH JAYAWARDENA, JANAKA DIAS, REYAZ FAORUK PASINDU PIERIES AND COUPLE OF MORE RACING DRIVERS ARE PARTICIPATING ALL THEIR SUBARUS AND EVOS HAVE BEEN SHIPPED TO INDIA<

ALSO DILANTHA HAS GOT THE BEST TIMING for the 24 HR ENDURANCE RACE IN MALAYSHIA., THE RACE IS OVER THE WEEKEND.

ALL THE BEST TO THERE DRIVERS.

I HAD TO POST THE ABOVE INFORMATION BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE POSTED ABOUT. :rolleyes:

Good job Dilantha. He beat some ex-F1, V8 Supercar and sportscar veterans to the pole at Sepang.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?fil...&sec=sports

Unconfirmed reports from Coimbatore indicate that at least 2 of our guys have suffered terminal mechanical issues already, one car was late to arrive because the truck carrying it broke down on the way and apparently it is raining heavily. All the best to the boys though. I was told that this meet was being shown live on Ten Sports, because it is also a big regional meet but I'm not sure if this'll happen.

Edited by KLM

GT Grid (Unconfirmed)

1 - Dinesh Jayawardene

2 - Riyaz Farook

3 - ???

4 - Aravinda Premadasa

5 - Shajjad Zuhair

Engine failure/blown Pasindu and Janake... Rizvi went off after tire failure - car wrecked

Can anyone please confirm this?

What? Rizvi wrecked his car? Is this the new red Sti8 he just got? He was just telling me about it when I was in SL last month and had me all sorts of drooling! F!

The Hindu is carrying a story about the meet, but without much info on our boys. They haven't mentioned Saturday's race and have only listed the two races from Sunday, both of which were won by Reyaz.

http://www.hindu.com/2007/08/27/stories/2007082761042000.htm

slt, the Indians who were scheduled to run with our guys had bailed apparently, claiming that their cars weren't upto spec. Well they were only Group N cars to begin with, so they would have been well off the pace had they run.

Nice pics GC. Please post more if you have any.

I believe that last picture was taken on the main straight, with the downhill braking zone, where Rizivi went off. Apparently they were topping out at just under 200 km/h because of the Grp. A restrictors. I think I saw somewhere that Reyaz had set a fastest time of 1:12 in one race and that's comparable to a good time set by the Formula Swift/LGB cars, which is either disappointing for the GT cars, or high praise for the 1300cc LGB cars.

Dimantha, the Indians all pulled out because their cars were in Grp N trim and therefore obviously much slower. I think this was discussed earlier in the thread.

yeah bro. would have love too see the type of cars they got.

seriously not sure how many evos and subaru are in India ???