• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help With Paint

Arc Angel

Question

9 answers to this question

Off the bat, Booth painting SHOULD give you a much better finish, as there are no dirt elements that can contaminate the painting process. That said, its also a lot more expensive. I was quoted 18k just to paint my bumpers! I estimate a normal paint will cost 10k.

If you're painting your car, there's a few things you'll have to decide on- the first is probably budget. If you have a sizeable wallet, Booth Painting is the way to go. If not, stick to the age-old method.

Secondly- given how quickly cars on our roads have 'unfortunate' incidents of dings, scratches and bumps, its hard to justify spending 100k on a paint job that will be touched up later....so thats something else to think about.

Kl*enpark, Mr.Pa*nt, Swe*dish Trading, D*mo all have painting booths (there are probably more out there that i don't know about...)

Off the bat, Booth painting SHOULD give you a much better finish, as there are no dirt elements that can contaminate the painting process. That said, its also a lot more expensive. I was quoted 18k just to paint my bumpers! I estimate a normal paint will cost 10k.

If you're painting your car, there's a few things you'll have to decide on- the first is probably budget. If you have a sizeable wallet, Booth Painting is the way to go. If not, stick to the age-old method.

Secondly- given how quickly cars on our roads have 'unfortunate' incidents of dings, scratches and bumps, its hard to justify spending 100k on a paint job that will be touched up later....so thats something else to think about.

Kl*enpark, Mr.Pa*nt, Swe*dish Trading, D*mo all have painting booths (there are probably more out there that i don't know about...)

yeah mate.. thats my concern as well... I don't wanna blow all my savings (and I do mean ALL) on a 100k paint job to have some three wheeler take some of it out a day later...

how much you think a really good non-booth job would cost?

and who's good for that?

i've heard that Spraymech is quite good, but you have wait a while, and even at that...getting your car complete means having to go everyday and make sure they're working on it. But thats what i've heard thru word of mouth...

I'm also looking for a decent place to do my painting- in the past i've gone to Dinesh J's garage, AutoF*rce, but also wondering if there are alternatives, especially in terms of quality...

i've heard that Spraymech is quite good, but you have wait a while, and even at that...getting your car complete means having to go everyday and make sure they're working on it. But thats what i've heard thru word of mouth...

I'm also looking for a decent place to do my painting- in the past i've gone to Dinesh J's garage, AutoF*rce, but also wondering if there are alternatives, especially in terms of quality...

I told you of that Papiliyana place that did mine, right? They have a booth too.

on alternatives, Velocity mentioned that he has a new polish that does quite a good job...