• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Magnetic Fuelsaver???

Nilantha

there was one by the name Fuel Max about two years back, imported by a place in wattala(not sure if it's still available). I too installed it. the cost of a unit was some thing like 4500/=. I fitted on a Hyundai Elantra. to be honest I did not feel any difference in the fuel consumption.

they told me that the location of the unit could make a difference and altered the position several times which cost me more as I had to take the car to them each time.

The hyundai was heavy on fuel (8.5 - 9.5 km/l) so I wished that this unit would work. Apparently I gave up the idea.

I saw Lal Alawatte introducing something like this in Auto-Vision on Sirasa TV few months back. (I saw only the last part of program :angry-smiley-024: ).

As I understood that gadget is breaking fuel in to little particles so that it generates more power. And it’s using radiation to do so which is generated using engine heat.

Anybody knows more about this?

This question may be stupid. Ha! Ha! :rolleyes: But…

If these stuff really saves fuel why don’t auto manufacturers fit them in to cars when the build the engine? Do they have any agreement with OPEC? :action-smiley-060:

Edited by Sha7

Just dont buy these expensive stuff.Try this out yourself.

Take a small piece of magnet from an old speaker and fix it bit closer to the combustion chamber on the inlet fuel hose using a Tie wrap and see.Make changes of the position on the fuel line and experiment to see what position it gives a good result.

Dont be in a hurry to deny this.It works guys.It worked for me.But dont expect a tiny magnet to deliver wonders!

MINIACE

Save you money ... I say just learn to drive like a decent human being and all the fuel troubles will end. One of my friends decided to do an experiment and drove his Civic very gently (never go over 3000rpm, shift early, no hard acceleration, coast to stop with clutch in, etc.) and gained almost 25% more fuel efficiency that from driving normally.

Save you money ... I say just learn to drive like a decent human being and all the fuel troubles will end. One of my friends decided to do an experiment and drove his Civic very gently (never go over 3000rpm, shift early, no hard acceleration, coast to stop with clutch in, etc.) and gained almost 25% more fuel efficiency that from driving normally.

Exactly! Thats the built-in fuel saver!! Gear-changes at correct sppeds save lot of fuel!

• 2 weeks later...

if you want cool magnets...

take out a busted hard drive and you get those two magnets...

they are very "magnetic" if that's the word :) you can use them in opposing polarity to create the flux these marketing dudes are talking about...

Personally i think it's nothing but BS...very good BS so it's ok to pay a price for it if you're into that kinda stuff :)

My money is with MeanGreen z28 :) that's the best fuel saver next to proper maintainence,tuning etc :)

if you want cool magnets...

take out a busted hard drive and you get those two magnets...

they are very "magnetic" if that's the word :) you can use them in opposing polarity to create the flux these marketing dudes are talking about...

Thanks for the info!