• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Jaguar Assembled In Sri Lanka

milinda

I heared that IWS Holdings is going to set up a Jaguar assembly plant in Hambanthota.I know this is true b'cos I saw their job ads on S Observer for technical staff for the same factory.

Also a coleague of mine has got some cool pricing for the latest Jag from them for the cars assembled here.(I don't know whether they already assemble them here though)

Guess what,for the s type he was asked between 5 to 6 mil based on the features. :blink:

S type's been advertised for 6.9m couple of weeks ago in weekend papers by IWS

I heared that IWS Holdings is going to set up a Jaguar assembly plant in Hambanthota.I know this is true b'cos I saw their job ads on S Observer for technical staff for the same factory.

Also a coleague of mine has got some cool pricing for the latest Jag from them for the cars assembled here.(I don't know whether they already assemble them here though)

Guess what,for the s type he was asked between 5 to 6 mil based on the features. :blink:

Don't you think the price is too much. Specially with the reduced tax for 30% value

And I heard that they are also going to assemble double cabs too. And news regarding that? Like what would be the price?

And when will they are going to launch the products?

Edited by Thanushka

wow dis is gr8 news....I also saw the vacancies on the S/O..Will the prices of the cars go high or low????

Don't you think the price is too much. Specially with the reduced tax for 30% value

And I heard that they are also going to assemble double cabs too. And news regarding that? Like what would be the price?

Price may sound high for you and me,but think about it,

You pay the same amount for a camri, Hyundai or Kia or Ssang Yyong jeep.(though they are jeeps I am sure no match for Jag)

Performance,can compete with any Car in the market,even with BMW,Benz or Lexus

Comfort, superb

Prestige,no need to explain

so why would you pay 4-5 mil for a recon Allion or a Civic when you can go for a Jag.

Only drawback should be high maintainance cost,thenagain considering these are brand new we can assume safe driving for a considerable period.

Fuel Consumption,....High I know

Then again ...it is a Jag

No I am not working for IWS :rolleyes:

You pay the same amount for a camri, Hyundai, Kia or a Ssang Yyong jeep.(though they are jeeps I am sure no match for Jag)

Comfort, superb

so why would you pay 4-5 mil for a recon Allion or a Civic when you can go for a Jag.

Only drawback should be high maintainance cost,thenagain considering these are brand new we can assume safe driving for a considerable period.

You pay the same amount for a camri, Hyundai, Kia or a Ssang Yyong jeep.(though they are jeeps I am sure no match for Jag)

Comfort, superb

Ok, I agree with you bro. :angry-smiley-048:. But still I think the price should be a little bit less. I think that price tag is not the price for locally assembled ones. Because only the locally assembled vehicles can get the tax reductions for 30% value addition, and as far as I know still they didn't start their production. <_<

And any news about the double cab.

Thanks.....