• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Do Sl Cops Not Know The Law?

Mean Green z28

I just remembered this and I though I'd tell you guys...

When I was in SL two months back for my wedding, I didn't have my SL license since I didn't know where I put it. So, I went to the RMV and showed them my driver's license from USA and they gave me a legal document with my picture on it and the official stamp and the deputy commisioner's signature on it (I personally went to him to get it signed) stating that I was allowed to legally drive in SL with my foreign license and the the document.

Everything's going smooth until we decide to go get a midnight snack at Pilawoos. At the Liberty Plaza junction, I was stopped by the cops for their "rutine" checks. I gave them my license and the 'official' document I had and they were like "what is this?" and it turned out they seriousely didn't know what the hell it was. There were atleast 2 others who got such documents when I was their so I'm guessing it's a pretty common thing. But, only these two cops hadn't ever heard/seen it.

Now, they start asking me all these random questions and asking me if my US license is an international license. I felt like telling them "yes and getting it over with" but decided to play it out 'cos I knew I had nothing to worry about and seriously wanted to see how ignorant they were. One of them was looking at my lecense upside down for a moment (it was dark, so I'll let that go), but I took it off him and gave it back rightside up ... lol ... the other was very carefully inspecting the 'document' and asking me what it was and where I got it from and how much I paid for it, as if I was some criminal trying to pass a forged/non-existant document.

After a while, they talk to each other silently and then come up to me and ask me why I got this when I had an international license, stating that my license had the C-class on it and all I had to do was go to the AA and get a document from their. I explained to them that it is not an international license and that the C-classification was for cars and the entire world spelled the word car with C and that's pretty simple to get. Still, they were convinced that it was an international licence and that I was good to go with it. So I was like OKAY!

THEN! They turn their attention to the document I posessed and start talking saying that I didn't need to get it and some bullshit like it's not fake 'cos it's got the official government seal on it and blah blah blah ... it's like they were trying to convince themselves that they were right .... right? lol

So finally, they were like ... "fine go" and I took my time and got back in and took off. I was laughing my ass off in the car, much to the annoyance of 4 passengers when had to sit there for like 20 minutes until I got back. One of my friends came to the conclusion that they were just looking for a bribe and was really hoping for one because of the car we were driving (my friend's Audi A6) but I seirously believe they had no clue about what they saw that night ... lol

Something that pissed me off though was something that happened while all this went on, a Toyota Starlet came around the round-a-bout with quite a bit of speed all squeeling tires and then stopped right in front of the cop car 'cos it was on a collision path with it. All the cops scurried off towards the driver who got off and was kinda intoxicated by the way he stood. I turned my attention away from that and was talking to the people in my car when the guy got back in his car (after a few words with the cops) and peeled off all loud and shyt ... what the f? Lovely country yah?!!!

..When I was in SL two months back for my wedding

Congrats dude! :)

Something that pissed me off though was something that happened while all this went on, a Toyota Starlet came around the round-a-bout with quite a bit of speed all squeeling tires and then stopped right in front of the cop car 'cos it was on a collision path with it. All the cops scurried off towards the driver who got off and was kinda intoxicated by the way he stood. I turned my attention away from that and was talking to the people in my car when the guy got back in his car (after a few words with the cops) and peeled off all loud and shyt ... what the f? Lovely country yah?!!!

Well... our cops work in mysterious ways :)

On the topic of cops gone wild, have you seen this

Edited by Saturn

by the way is there any law saying that u cant burn your tires :mellow: .............. like if da car burn the tires when it put into de road when there is no vehicles around :jumping-smiley-013: cos i coped fr that last week :ninja: hehehehehe

he he...i've got that many times....sometimes they let you go after a warning :)

the ticket was given for "dangerous/reckless driving" :angry-smiley-048:

when the fines were lower i've got many of those for pulling wheelies on my bikes... young and dumb days and thank god i survived :action-smiley-060:

been there bro..

I had to get an international licence from the AA last year cos, well, my regular licence was not quite with me :-)

was stopped about 3 times with it, and not a single bugger (not even the guys from city traffic) knew it...

mutts.......

RMV hasn't educated these buggers...probably senior cops also don't bother :action-smiley-060:

i've read on newspapers that some people were copped for smoking roadside and the cops have sent them to courts and courts also without checking properly have fined these people :) apparently according to present laws roadside is not necessarily a public space in certain legal conditions hence smoking there is not illegal. But the cops don't know this and accused people don't bother...plead guilty pay the fine and get on with life cos we all know how painful court proceedings are :action-smiley-060:

what a place to live in.... A land like no other in not so good ways :angry-smiley-048:

been there bro..

I had to get an international licence from the AA last year cos, well, my regular licence was not quite with me :-)

was stopped about 3 times with it, and not a single bugger (not even the guys from city traffic) knew it...

mutts.......