• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitsubishi Fto

GTAm

Hi

Could someone give me the Good, the bad and the ugly (if any) about the FTO? Any former owners out there? Is there any trouble spot to worry about? Parts?

It was rated as a great fwd chassis, so how is it to drive? And how much are they transacting at now?

Hi

Could someone give me the Good, the bad and the ugly (if any) about the FTO? Any former owners out there? Is there any trouble spot to worry about? Parts?

It was rated as a great fwd chassis, so how is it to drive? And how much are they transacting at now?

Hi GTAM,

I do not actually own a FTO but a good friend of mine does, and I drive the car regularly and help him with the maintenance,

There are a few variants of the FTP, the most sought after is the Mivec GPX which has a V6 engine with the mitsubishi Mivec system, and also with a manual gear box,

My friends one is a GR without Mivec but manual

the manuals are actually a bit rare, most are automatics with the triptronic system

As you might have already read, its a great FWD chassis, and its easy to forget that you are driving a FWD car, as it runs and behaves most of the time like a RWD,

The 2.0 V6 pumps out a bit over 200BHP in stock form and I must say the car is fairly brisk to say the least, I mean no competition to scoobies but would give most cars on the road a run for their money

The engines are rock solid, very few problems as you would expect from a japanese, the only problems our particular has experiences is to do with the air conditioning system, the compressor seized up !. I must mention that Mitsubishi air con compressors are not the best in the world, cos I've had similar problems with my own Mitsubishi,

The car we have comes with ABS but no airbags (1995 model), but later models all came with Airbags, and all come with automatic climate controlled air conditioning :)

All in all a great fun car to drive, for little money and few maintenance issues,

In SL I recon you might have problems sourcing parts for the engine, as I do not know of any other cars in SL which use a Mitsubishi V6 (but the engines are fairly trouble free), You need to service the engine quite well to avoid problems with the hydraulic tappets which might become noisy as time goes on. sourcing body parts in SL would be a nightmare as well I guess,

Also the front head lamps have plastic lenses covered with a protective film which deteriorates over time, and stains the plastic, there is no solution to this problem than to replace the head lamp and they are quite expensive over here (£100 a piece)

I have no idea how much they sell for in SL and I have only seen 1 example on the roads .....

i hope the above helps

• 3 weeks later...

Encountered an FTO while driving down south on Friday...

It was a Red with HT-xxxx plates.. from the sound of shifting I think it was an automatic, however it was it was burning some rubber, though the driver wasn;t quite pushing it to it limits...

Trailed it up to bout 10km before Hikkaduwa, and then I pushed mine to the limit to overtake it...!! :rolleyes:

Anyone on the forum owns this FTO..?