• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Gajaba Supercross 2007

Grand Civic

Final round of SLARDAR championship 2007, Gajaba Supercross 2007 will be held on 20th & 21st at Anuradapura.

Here is the entry list of stunning supercar event ....

1. Reyaz Farook - Evo7 RS

2. Mahinda Premarathna - Evo9 GT

3. Janaka Dias - STI9

4. Aravinda Premadasa - Evo7 RS

5. Pasindu Pieris - Evo9 GT

6. S. Nirosh - Evo3 GSR

7. Dinesh Deheragoda - Evo9 GT

8. Sarath Pathirage - Evo5 RS

9. Nalin Perera - STI7 Spec C

10. Sajitha Wedisinghe - Evo3 GSR

11. J.K.N. Jayasundara - Evo7 GSR

This is the first time in a srilankan track, three Evo9 GTs & one STI9 battling together...

All the best for the competitors !!!!!!!!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the hype surrounding the three-way championship battle heading into the final round of the F1 championship, it is easy to forget that the SL GT championship is also heading into it's own season finale this Sunday with 3 drivers still mathematically eligible to win the title. However, mivec.turbo has a far bigger lead over his rivals than does Lewis Hamilton to his. :)

Still, all the best for this Sunday machan.

With all the hype surrounding the three-way championship battle heading into the final round of the F1 championship, it is easy to forget that the SL GT championship is also heading into it's own season finale this Sunday with 3 drivers still mathematically eligible to win the title. However, mivec.turbo has a far bigger lead over his rivals than does Lewis Hamilton to his. :)

Still, all the best for this Sunday machan.

Thank you guys for all the wishes and yes it is raining there and supposed to be very muddy and slippery. Under these circumstances one needs to be very cautious not to skid off the track at the speeds the SL-GT cars run :)

Ahh, well, I'll be missing it. Friend of mine put his homecoming on that day. :( Somebody take pics!

The gravel and mud challenge might come from the STi this time, so I'm really sad to miss that fight :(

And good luck on the championship, Mivec!

Good luck to all participants including mivec.turbo!

BTW mivec.turbo is this your last race in the Evo IX? Word is already out that you've placed an order for an Evo X

Edited by madmax

Latest from Gajaba Supercross Track at Anuradhapura...

There is a drizzle going on and track is wet and bit muddy at some areas.

Scrutunizing of all cars is finished and free practice will going to start very soon.

our friend velocity spotted early morning in the track next to Mahind Premarathna's new Evo9GT. I know he loves evo9s :lol:

more updates to follow................

Latest from Gajaba Supercross Track at Anuradhapura...

There is a drizzle going on and track is wet and bit muddy at some areas.

Scrutunizing of all cars is finished and free practice will going to start very soon.

our friend velocity spotted early morning in the track next to Mahind Premarathna's new Evo9GT. I know he loves evo9s :lol:

more updates to follow................

infact Grand Civic i am helping Mahinda with all the coodination work with the overseas MOTEC TUNER. Mahinda's car was just tuned overnight. Car is in Standard form so may be in the next few races we will be able to get the full potential. As you know it takes lot of time and testing the best setup for a car.

By the way Dinesh D is 5 th in Grid and not 6th. I am sure todays races will be hot. Dinesh D had a bit of bad luck on yesterday as it started raining when he just started his timing lap. All the Drivers have equally powered cars, so i am sure today race will be one of the most competitive Gajaba has seen.

Edited by Velocity

who won, who won, who won????

Race 1

Aravinda Premadasa

Pasindu Pieris

Dinesh Deheragoda

Sajitha Wedisinghe

Nalin D Perera

Kapila Jayasundara

Race 2

Aravinda Premadasa

Reyaz Farook

Pasindu Pieris

Dinesh Deheragoda

Nalin D Perera

Kapila Jayasundara

Congratulations Aravinda for winning Gajaba challenge trophy... and rest of the winners..

1st race in supercar event had a bad crash in the first corner. its very unfortunate Mahinda premarathns in his new evo9GT went from inside hit reyaz on sideways and pushed him to sidewall and then went and hit aravinda's left rear corner resulting severe damage to his evo9gt. as i seen in videos at first corner and and also aravinda's on board camera it was something like mahinda used those two cars as a cusion to take the first corner. i belive he should use the car in a proper manner to win rather than making it crash in a very first race.

Apart from that sajitha wedisinghe is a real nut case. the people who see the race at track agrees with me how nut case he is. in the 1st race it was given a free run of two laps as the track is watered. this fellow was standing from back of the grid flew went passing aravinda and almost did like two lap race in tral run. funny thing is in the second race he took a foul start confusing everybody in the grid and did only about two laps and hist somewhere. his intention seems to be was to get infront of aravinda also anyhow. :lol:

At the prize giving i heard the funniest story from a well known race driver in T & J event. He says "every morning having 1 table spoon of brake oil for two months will grow up their brakes in brain and they won't run like the way they did today". :angry-smiley-048: