• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Side Of Your Car Is Your Gas Tank

AnUsHa_SL

Question

I got this information from my friend, though of sharing that with u :rolleyes:

Quick question, what side of your car is your gas tank? If you are anything like me, you probably can't remember right away. My solution is to uncofortably stick my head out the window, strain my neck and look. If you don't do this in your own car you definetly have done it in a borrowed or rental car. Well ladies and gentlemen, I'm going to share with you my little secret so you will no longer look like Ace Ventura on your way to the gas station or put your neck at risk of uncomfort or injury. If you look at your gas guage, you will see a small icon of a gas pump. The handle of the gas pump will extend out on either the left or right side of the pump. If your tank is on the left, the handle will be on the left. If your tank is on the right, the handle will be on the right (see photo above). It is that simple! I don't know how you feel right now but when I found out this morning I felt cheated!Why don't the dealers share such importnant information with car buyers? I don't understand why this isn't in the drivers ed manual? I don't get why any mechanic I have ever been too or know has even thought of mentioning this to me? The only possible explantion can be that all these people probably don't even know! Go out and share the worlds best kept auto secret with your friends as this is information is way too important to be kept secret.

for more details :

11 answers to this question

Quick question, what side of your car is your gas tank? If you are anything like me, you probably can't remember right away. My solution is to uncofortably stick my head out the window, strain my neck and look. If you don't do this in your own car you definetly have done it in a borrowed or rental car. Well ladies and gentlemen, I'm going to share with you my little secret so you will no longer look like Ace Ventura on your way to the gas station or put your neck at risk of uncomfort or injury. If you look at your gas guage, you will see a small icon of a gas pump. The handle of the gas pump will extend out on either the left or right side of the pump. If your tank is on the left, the handle will be on the left. If your tank is on the right, the handle will be on the right (see photo above). It is that simple! I don't know how you feel right now but when I found out this morning I felt cheated!Why don't the dealers share such importnant information with car buyers? I don't understand why this isn't in the drivers ed manual? I don't get why any mechanic I have ever been too or know has even thought of mentioning this to me? The only possible explantion can be that all these people probably don't even know! Go out and share the worlds best kept auto secret with your friends as this is information is way too important to be kept secret.

for more details :

Interesting info AnUsHa_SL.. Thanks for sharing.. <_<

for more details :

nope that isnt correct,even I thought like that :lol:

Hi there,

This info sounded interesting to me too, though I knew the side of the fuel cap in my car (Nissan March K - 11). The fuel cap on the car is on the Left side. The handle of the gas pump is to the right of the pump. there fore this does not agree to what you say. may be this information is valid to a particular brand.

Hi there,

This info sounded interesting to me too, though I knew the side of the fuel cap in my car (Nissan March K - 11). The fuel cap on the car is on the Left side. The handle of the gas pump is to the right of the pump. there fore this does not agree to what you say. may be this information is valid to a particular brand.

If the fuel pumps hose is made a little longer, like in most countries in the world.... it would not matter which side your fuel cap is on :rolleyes:

Most newer cars have an arrow pointing at (or away) from the fuel filler pump, this shows the side of the car the cap is on. Anyway, I thought it's standard for most Japanese cars to have it on the left and europeans to have it on the right?

Most newer cars have an arrow pointing at (or away) from the fuel filler pump, this shows the side of the car the cap is on. Anyway, I thought it's standard for most Japanese cars to have it on the left and europeans to have it on the right?

my Mirage has the flap on the right and its a JDM :)

my Mirage has the flap on the right and its a JDM :)

Gen2 on the right. But then, thats trying to be Lotus :D Has a lot of euro features (wiper control on the right, lights on the left, power shutter controls near the handbrake rather than the door) By Euro features, I mean BM, Mini and Merc has it that way, dunno about the rest :)