• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Izuzu Gimini Jt 600

d.nigo

Hi Guys,

Have an idea of purchasing a Izuzu Gimini JT 600 diesel car to knock about due the fuel crisis. What would be the market price of an Izuzu Gimini JT 600 two door car with AC / PS , ( 32-dash ) ( 1987 - 1988 )

Please let me know your views on this.

Regds....!

Hi Guys,

Have an idea of purchasing a Izuzu Gimini JT 600 diesel car to knock about due the fuel crisis. What would be the market price of an Izuzu Gimini JT 600 two door car with AC / PS , ( 32-dash ) ( 1987 - 1988 )

Please let me know your views on this.

Regds....!

hey,

I would say a Gemini is quite a decent car to run around colombo, due t its size and the simple fact that its diesel. Having driven it for over 4 yeays and having it in the family for 10 years that car is quite a car!

Well, most problems of the Gemini weere mentioned in the other thread, but if you maintain that car well enough its jsut a pleasure to drive. I'm guessing you'd prefer a turbo diesel.

Yeah considering its a diesel, there;s a chance that most carsa re pretty high milage.. the complete engien overhaul would set you off about 50,000-60,000 but that too comes only at around 230,000km. jsut check for under-compression to be on the safe side.

Mine is a 4 door, and i think you'll have better luck finding one of those in the market than a 2 door.

And it does excelent milage. After the overhaul about years ago, i ahve been monitoring the fuel figures, and since it has only improved. right after the overhaul it did about 9.6kmpl in colombo. And the last time i calculated it, it was 13.4 kmpl.. and mind you, we're talking diesel!

My father's been saying that parts are getting rarer to find, which is one reason he's thinking of selling it after fixing it up a bit... (then again he's been saying that for the past year, and never got around to fix the little scratches and rust patches)..

But personally, i would say go for one! btw, you didnt mention your budget. I was told by a freind that the price varies between 400,000 and 600,000 these days depending on the condition (and N/A or turbo)...