• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan N-16 Supersaloon Vs Exsaloon

Tilak

Hi friends, I have seen a N-16 new model (year 2004 - some say it is N17) car. This is a brandnew registered car with JK series plates. It has a super saloon badge. but no back head rest & arm rests, no original mud flaps, no touch system AC controls, Black/grey interior, antenna above driver side door (no power antenna), etc. The owner swear that he bought it from agents as a supersaloon. Price is 2.15 M It is manual transmission, 1600 cc engine & they say 26 cars were imported by a leading hotel and all are supersaloons like this. what do you guys think, is it worth buying?

Thanks in advance for your valuable inputs.

It is possible that the brand new imported car had different features from the Singapore imported versions (recon cars)

The log book should state the model if its a super saloon or not, and you can check with the agents, especially if it was a brand new import

Whether its worth it is up to you, I always though the super saloon badge commands higher prices because of the features it has and if features are missing its questionable whether its worth paying a super saloon price for it

having said that you also need to consider that the car is a brand new import which has its own set of advantages,

i cannot comment on the price quoted I am afraid

Hi friends, I have seen a N-16 new model (year 2004 - some say it is N17) car. This is a brandnew registered car with JK series plates. It has a super saloon badge. but no back head rest & arm rests, no original mud flaps, no touch system AC controls, Black/grey interior, antenna above driver side door (no power antenna), etc. The owner swear that he bought it from agents as a supersaloon. Price is 2.15 M It is manual transmission, 1600 cc engine & they say 26 cars were imported by a leading hotel and all are supersaloons like this. what do you guys think, is it worth buying?

Thanks in advance for your valuable inputs.

Yeah those hotel limo cars came as Super Saloons from the Agents (Singapore Spec 1.6 litre).

Good deal if you are looking for a manual provided that its in good shape.

Just get a quote on the parts like sensors (air flow/ crank/cam angle) for the 1.6 engine.

Thanks Don & Milindu.

I negotiated further & managed to get a further small reduction. De Silva motots valued it for 2.08M with a Forced Sale price of 2.0M. Car is in pretty good shape & pruchased same this morning. The owner was a very nice guy & think he was honest. Both Licence & insurance were expired (he was not using the car for past 2-3 months) and he renewed same (third party insurance) & also born the cost of valuation. I checked another car in the said hotel & it has the same spec. So i bought it. Wiil post some pics.

By the way is there any posibility of changing the rear seat to have head rests & arm rest. This is black interior. When I checked a place in Kandana, they have the seat but is beige colour. Also need to find a set of original mud flaps if possible.

Thanks Don & Milindu.

I negotiated further & managed to get a further small reduction. De Silva motots valued it for 2.08M with a Forced Sale price of 2.0M. Car is in pretty good shape & pruchased same this morning. The owner was a very nice guy & think he was honest. Both Licence & insurance were expired (he was not using the car for past 2-3 months) and he renewed same (third party insurance) & also born the cost of valuation. I checked another car in the said hotel & it has the same spec. So i bought it. Wiil post some pics.

By the way is there any posibility of changing the rear seat to have head rests & arm rest. This is black interior. When I checked a place in Kandana, they have the seat but is beige colour. Also need to find a set of original mud flaps if possible.

Congrats on the purchase! Most of these cars haven't run much due to issues that Sri Lankan Tourism is facing today.

From what I can remember, the N17 head rests are fused but I have seen brandnew versions with the arm rest. Best is to wait for a seat to appear in the market.

Keep us posted on how you find the car and the fuel consumption.

i think he means kirullapone... is there anyone else who do car valuations?

Yes it is Kirulapona. I think the Dehiwala Place is Enterprises, not Motors. Normally, the Financing institutes accept the Valuations form above place & AA. It is the general belief that that their Forced sale value is very realistic & You can get that price without any difficulty.

I still could not check the fuel consumption but previous owner said it is 8 km/l in city & 12 km/l long distance. (with AC & 4 passengers).

Trying to post some pics below.

n161le4.th.jpg

n163ti1.th.jpg

n162nb1.th.jpg

http://img266.imageshack.us/my.php?image=n162nb1.jpg

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/5251/n163ti1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
i think he means kirullapone... is there anyone else who do car valuations?

there is a good place for car valuations in dehiwala. i cant remember the exact name of the road but i remember the road was in front of dehiwala arpico supercentre. (on sea side) i leased my car from vallibel finance & they gave me the contacts of this place. guess u can get the number if u ring vallibel finance (and ask them about the valuation place at dehiwala)

there is a good place for car valuations in dehiwala. i cant remember the exact name of the road but i remember the road was in front of dehiwala arpico supercentre. (on sea side) i leased my car from vallibel finance & they gave me the contacts of this place. guess u can get the number if u ring vallibel finance (and ask them about the valuation place at dehiwala)

Pls do expand on the location. If there is such a place, its news to me, and I'd like to know about it.