• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Noises from shock/suspension

amsandun

Question

Hi experts,

My KSP130 has done over 100K now. After around 90K I started hearing a small sound ("tak/ටක්") coming from the front left tyre area (as I understood) especially noticed when taking a sharp slow turn followed by a bumper or a slope. About the same time, my service station supervisor also mentioned that front shock mounts are worn out and may need a replacement along with the front link rods as they were also going out according to them.

I didn't replace at that time but did replaced front shock mounts and links at last service near 100K. But the problem is still there but this time I hear the same sound at described events and also from the rear of the car. I hear it even when braking and starting to reverse some times. I think of taking the car to a reputed place and have it checked. Any ideas what's actually wrong and a good place you know that can solve this issue? 

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

It could actually be suspension bushings—not just the ones on the shock but also the links, control arm, etc...I would say just replace all the bushings (bushings themselves do not cost that much...its the labor most of the time that adds up). Also look at things like engine, transmission mounts and exhaust mounts.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, iRage said:

It could actually be suspension bushings—not just the ones on the shock but also the links, control arm, etc...I would say just replace all the bushings (bushings themselves do not cost that much...its the labor most of the time that adds up). Also look at things like engine, transmission mounts and exhaust mounts.

yes I see, I just read some article after seeing your comment. What you said could be the issue with my car. I will have a check.👍

• Like 1