• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My New Toy

dillongt

Question

Dear Dillon,

What is the white color meter on the dash bord, what for?

Its like lady in red

Regards,

Ruwan

thnax ruwan.... it's a Boost Gauge :D

Dillon machan! how how...dude do u know what the issues are with the USDM and Canadian Market Rx-8's?!?!? Cos i was gonna get one but was told that the renesis on the 04-07 Rx-8s had ALOT of PROBLEMS with it?!?!? Can u let me know...thanks bro

Hey andy …. What’s up?... I had the same question and I was so close to buying an RX8 but I changed my mind not because of any thing because of the HP of the car. Only Japanese domestic versions of RX8 Type-S comes with 250 HP and in North America ( Canada & US ) they only come with 232HP max. If you are buying an rx8 it’s not a bad choice but remember all the RX8 in the market right now Renesis naturally aspirated engines equipped. that means no turbo at all. in north america RX8, Mazda 3 & the CX7 are the only vehicles that they directly import from japan and all other Mazda Products are build under ford in north american mazda plant. talking about the Renesis engine, Mazda built their first Renesis engine in 2003 for RX8. it has slight differences compare to the old 13B ( 654 CC x 2 = 1300CC ) twin turbocharged 3rd generation engine but the newly redesigned Renesis 13b-MSP engine structure has two different aspects to it when they redesigned the engine.

1. Mazda engineers rebuilt 13B-MSP compact Renesis engine naturally aspirated & lightweight. In this case the rotors are shaped differently, especially their side seals and low-height apex seals, which offer optimized lubrication & the result is reduce exhaust emission and improved fuel economy,

2. The twin-rotor engine employs side intake and exhaust ports and features approximately 30% more intake area than previous rotary engines. This produced noticeably more power

RX* Renesis won International Engine of the Year and Best New Engine awards 2003 and also holds the "2.5 to 3 liter" size award for 2003 and 2004, where it is considered a 2.60 L engine. Finally, it was on the Ward's 10 Best Engines list for 2004 and 2005. In japan RX-8 lineup includes the base model with a 13B-MSP engine with 210 horsepower and a choice of 5 speed manual transmission or 4 speed automatic transmission, RX-8 type-E with a 13B-MSP engine with 210 horsepower and 4 speed automatic transmission, and RX-8 type-S with a 13B- MSP engine has 250 horsepower and 6 speed manual transmission.so nothing to worry about the engine of the rx8, the only problem is when you supper charge or trubo charge the renesis engine, it basically puts out 300 or 330 maximum HP. in canada we have GS and GT but in US RX8 has 3 models

RX-8 Sport

RX-8 Touring

RX-8 Grand Touring

1.3L RENESIS 6-port rotary engine

232 HP, EPA Mileage City/Hwy (mpg) 16/22 MT

if you have any question you know what to do.... ;)

a bit OT, but whats Canada's policy on vehicles imported from countries that drive on the other side of the road (in thic case japan)..

there is a 15 years conditioned applied to importing a vehicle from a another country to canada and there are so many right hand cars around here now. hopefully within 5 years i might go for a R34 :rolleyes:

Wow..great buy!! How did I miss this thread? Anyway a FD3S Type R is any rotory enthisiasts' dream! Good buy.Please post more pics on arrival.Congrats n good luck mate!

MINIACE

thnax machan.... yep for sure