• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Modifying A Honda Crx

TSP

Hey people, im planning to buy a 1985 CRX. I like to know the market price for this model now. Also Im planning to get a bodykit, new lights and some interior decor.. Can anyone tell me an average cost it will take to get a full body kit, and a good place to buy stuff around colombo.( For a good price :D ) Thanks..

well mate its not hard to find spares..pilla...u know it too..somebody has put 1 of ma old crx's in autolanka for sale too( yello now was orange n black when it wa me)thers a nice red crx @ kirulapona HNB..n heard theres a 1 for sale @ kurunegala car sale..(alla this cars are gen 1 crx) if u need a gen 2 crx can help there are 2 cars fror sale ..1 with a dohc sir 1.6 eng n other with a dual carb version.. both 19-..also if u buy honda club/racersedge wil gv u all the help in engine work,modyfications ext ext

Edited by RACERSEDGE

well mate its not hard to find spares..pilla...u know it too..somebody has put 1 of ma old crx's in autolanka for sale too( yello now was orange n black when it wa me)thers a nice red crx @ kirulapona HNB..n heard theres a 1 for sale @ kurunegala car sale..(alla this cars are gen 1 crx) if u need a gen 2 crx can help there are 2 cars fror sale ..1 with a dohc sir 1.6 eng n other with a dual carb version.. both 19-..also if u buy honda club/racersedge wil gv u all the help in engine work,modyfications ext ext

machan series one CRX- thats 1985 or so.. thats almost 23 years ago :angry-smiley-048:

machang can't our mutual friend in malabe sort the parts out for a 1st gen CRX? I'm sure that guy is capable of sorting something out...

tsp, before you begin the nice-to-have bits (body kit etc...), I'd advise you to spend sometime geting the car in sound running condition... no point having a baby that looks fine buts can't walk the walk :)

and nice to see another honda fan :-)

Edited by Arc Angel

About 5 years ago I had a ser 1 CRX for about a month. It was a great car and joy to drive. Very throaty induction from the carb and the handling was sweet. Reminds me of my Alfa Sudsprint a bit. But there was a lot of scary corrosion in difficult to reach places though and I sold it when I got an offer I could not refuse. But I must say it was a real fun car. A true sports car. No PAS but that made the steering feel great.

I regularly drive a twin carb ser 2 CRX that belongs to my cousin. The handling is very good but the feel has been diluted a lot. The steering is too light and the engine noise it crap. The ride is no where near as good as the ser 1!

But can you find a good ser 1 these days?

Very throaty induction from the carb and the handling was sweet. Reminds me of my Alfa Sudsprint a bit.

I regularly drive a twin carb ser 2 CRX that belongs to my cousin. The steering is too light and the engine noise it crap. The ride is no where near as good as the ser 1!

Series one and two CRX's have the same engines (1.5's)

About 5 years ago I had a ser 1 CRX for about a month. It was a great car and joy to drive. Very throaty induction from the carb and the handling was sweet. Reminds me of my Alfa Sudsprint a bit. But there was a lot of scary corrosion in difficult to reach places though and I sold it when I got an offer I could not refuse. But I must say it was a real fun car. A true sports car. No PAS but that made the steering feel great.

I regularly drive a twin carb ser 2 CRX that belongs to my cousin. The handling is very good but the feel has been diluted a lot. The steering is too light and the engine noise it crap. The ride is no where near as good as the ser 1!

There is one on the AL classifieds..... of course its hard to judge what sort of shape its in without seeing it, but it looks ok in the pictures...