• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Advice On Buyin A Car

NASCAR

folks, pls help me in deciding which car to buy., im lookin to buyin one for me n nt interested at all on a primeo coz my bro brought a 2007 primeo ( is that how it;s spelled ? ) two months ago n he said its a disappointment .. bt cant make up my mind n da budget is 6million, luv da Allion 2007 bt heard that it got loads of problems from a friend... luv da BMW'z bt cant affort over 6m,

appreciate if someone can give me an advice.

thanks,

folks, pls help me in deciding which car to buy., im lookin to buyin one for me n nt interested at all on a primeo coz my bro brought a 2007 primeo ( is that how it;s spelled ? ) two months ago n he said its a disappointment .. bt cant make up my mind n da budget is 6million, luv da Allion 2007 bt heard that it got loads of problems from a friend... luv da BMW'z bt cant affort over 6m,

thanks,

You should be able to go for a TOP-END lancer EX... may lack the class of a BMW or the re-sale value of a Toyota, but it should get you the car and cash to spare afterwards.. Velocity who recently got one gives good feedback on it... (and based on its hot looks, i've been marketing it myself.. even convinced a friend to get it on the permit.. hehehe)

thanks,

Nascar from what I know the Allion is quite a good car and cars are not indestructable, all of them are going to have some problems some of the time, but all in all its quite a popular model (reflected by its price) and the value should hold up quite well and you should get a pretty decent car

I think you are referring to the premio, but I think in Sri Lanka there is more demand for the Allion over the premio

For 6 million you should be be able to get a E46 face lift or even a 5 series of the same generation. and as long as you get a well maintained brand new imported car with low miles should be quite a buy

If you are to take Dilesh's advice you would be able to get a brand new 2008 model lancer which looks quite good

if you want something a bit uncommon the RX 8 should be within your budget

Nascar,

There are many options open to you but it will all depend on your requirement. The Allion will be a good vehicle if you require fuel economy & definitely have good re-sale value. BMW's are great but with comparatively higher maintenence cost.

With your budget you can go for a brand new Civic, the Lancer EX or even the Mazda 3.

Brother, U'r quite lucky since you have a budget of 6 million to work with.Since you have made up your mind why don't you go for a SUV.I think a KIA sportage and Suzuki Grand Vitara should be well within your range.

After all you will have to drive on the SL roads which are the best in the world <_<

thanks,

Since everyone seems to have tackled the rest of the pointers... mate when you say your bro was disappointed with the premio care to tell us why and what exactly he was disappointed over???

To my knowledge and experience...they are nice cars? They pull pretty well for the car it is...good comfort etc and pretty reliable machines.

I cant see that many reasons for anyone who went for a Premio in the first place and being disappointed over the decision??? Would love to know why this happened :)