• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pulsur Cj1

dilankanish

:jumping-smiley-013:Hi guys,

Acctually this is my first post first of all i should thank the administrator and other members for maintaining such a valuable site.

Currently im having a doctor sunny(FB 13) i have intended to sell it and go for a FB14.resently i found a pulsur cj1 to be sold.pesonaly i interested in car but different people make various comments on the model.some people say their is not much difference between FB14 and pulsur.some others says the vehical is lack of market and you not gonna be able to sell it for a good price in future.im not bothering about the market but i need to know your comments on pulsur as a vehicle.please help me.

(pulsur cj1,Gu-xxxx,1999,auto,full option,alloy,mp3,security system,white)is 1.2m fair price according to this if not what is your recomended price.

pls help

thank you.

:jumping-smiley-013:Hi guys,

Acctually this is my first post first of all i should thank the administrator and other members for maintaining such a valuable site.

Currently im having a doctor sunny(FB 13) i have intended to sell it and go for a FB14.resently i found a pulsur cj1 to be sold.pesonaly i interested in car but different people make various comments on the model.some people say their is not much difference between FB14 and pulsur.some others says the vehical is lack of market and you not gonna be able to sell it for a good price in future.im not bothering about the market but i need to know your comments on pulsur as a vehicle.please help me.

(pulsur cj1,Gu-xxxx,1999,auto,full option,alloy,mp3,security system,white)is 1.2m fair price according to this if not what is your recomended price.

pls help

thank you.

I do not know about prices but,

The Pulsar CJI and CJII have a lot in common with the Sunny, and in fact a lot of running gear and the engines used are the same, (the dashboard similarities are a no brainer) the body is different but i suspect there is similarities in the chassies as well, so essentially there is not much difference between the two cars, perhaps the pulsar is meant to be a bit sportier

As far as the market is concerned, pulsars used to go for a bit less than Sunny's but not by much and I think the Cj II is the more desirable model but the exact reasons I am not aware of. A friend of mine has a CJ II DOHC engine based pulsar with light modifications and he seems quite pleased with the car. Try to get a high spec version with the front bumper which has fog lights which looks quite good.

go ahead and buy a vz-r if u r a stupid enthusiast and wanna waste a damm lot of money on gas.. and make sure a petrol boser comes behind you for heaven sake. This is the best looking pulsar.....Remember one thing all pulsars are heavy drinkers..

I own a 1997 mazda bha3p 1.3 auto full option id 140,000km done still it does 9.5/l in town with AC without tunning. when tuning done add another km more..hahaha and impressive power can easily wach a pulsar 1.5 or fb 14..hahaha :angry-smiley-048:

:action-smiley-060::jumping-smiley-013:

:jumping-smiley-013:Hi don,

it is a great plesure to see a reply to my first topic i really appreciate your comments on that now my mind also persuade me to go for that.

thank you very much.

Remember you can get a good FB14 for around or less than a million, so there are plenty of good examples around. so wait till you get a good idea prices from other memebers of the forum who will know about it more than me.

The VZR might be a bit heavy on fuel but generally speaking when driven carefully the pulsars are not too bad on fuel, though if you rev a DOHC engine hard it would certainly lead to a drop of fuel efficiency. and incidentally the VZR conversion is a very simple one for a pulsar ;)

The holy grain of Nissan pulsars is the Pulsar GTIR, but pericles also owns another very exotic flavour of the pulsar which I will leave it to him to tell you all about

Edited by The Don

Pericles' Pulsar has about two threads on Nissan section. Don't think there is anything new to be said on that.

As for Chinth. Mine is a VZ-R. With a few not so fuel friendly mods. I haven't found it unnecessary to have a fuel bowser following me. Even made it to Kandy and back without a fill up, carrying 4 passengers and overnight luggage. Don't have to rev hard to climb hills, you see.

Remember you can get a good FB14 for around or less than a million, so there are plenty of good examples around. so wait till you get a good idea prices from other memebers of the forum who will know about it more than me.

The VZR might be a bit heavy on fuel but generally speaking when driven carefully the pulsars are not too bad on fuel, though if you rev a DOHC engine hard it would certainly lead to a drop of fuel efficiency. and incidentally the VZR conversion is a very simple one for a pulsar ;)

The holy grain of Nissan pulsars is the Pulsar GTIR, but pericles also owns another very exotic flavour of the pulsar which I will leave it to him to tell you all about

Don,

I agree there are FB14's below 1 million but those are mostly 1995/6 full light model. A 1999 model with english numbers (There are some brand new imports with old numbers go for less) will cost you 1.2m to 1.35m depending on its condition and options. Facelift model which came with a front grill similar to N16 with dual air bags goes for 1.35m.

:jumping-smiley-013: But as what I heard from vz-r for sale in autolanka sight here the owner says it does only 8km/l in city traffic. So I dnt know how his driving style is but but then..comparing to corolla gt which is also 1.6l vz-r is a very heavy drinker . I am sure the owner doesnt rev up the car since he is not an enthusiast bull shit. So which means if he revved it up god help his petrol bills...(it would hardly do 6km/l in city with AC)

:violent-smiley-030: :violent-smiley-030: :violent-smiley-030: :violent-smiley-030: :violent-smiley-030:

:jumping-smiley-013: Hi guys,

thank you very much for your comments now i look forward patiently.i couldnt ask about the fuel consumtion but thankfully you guys have mentionded it

thanks :violent-smiley-030::violent-smiley-030::violent-smiley-030:

You should be able to squeeze around 10 at least from a Pulsar with some careful driving.

:jumping-smiley-013: But as what I heard from vz-r for sale in autolanka sight here the owner says it does only 8km/l in city traffic. So I dnt know how his driving style is but but then..comparing to corolla gt which is also 1.6l vz-r is a very heavy drinker . I am sure the owner doesnt rev up the car since he is not an enthusiast bull shit. So which means if he revved it up god help his petrol bills...(it would hardly do 6km/l in city with AC)

:violent-smiley-030::violent-smiley-030::violent-smiley-030::violent-smiley-030::violent-smiley-030:

Please refrain from calling enthusiasts bull shit. That is insulting a lot of people on this forum. And frankly, no one who is NOT an ethusiast will get a VZ-R. Thats why it doesn't sell very quick. I do agree about the figures, but in the city, there is a concept known as a petrol shed, which means you don't need a bowser following you. And it is quite a good distance cruiser outstation, since it has adequate power low down to stay in high gears for long periods. Doesn't quite match the low end of, say, the white SiR that madmax had, but decent. The VZ-R isn't for everyone, and does need a deep pocket to use as a daily driver. Certainly, I wouldn't be happy using it as a daily driver. Its most definitely a weekend car in my case. Besides, IMHO, it would be wasted as a daily commuter to plod to work and back.

In anycase, this whole VZ-R thing is a little off the mark. I belive the car in question is a CJI.

Please refrain from calling enthusiasts bull shit. That is insulting a lot of people on this forum. And frankly, no one who is NOT an ethusiast will get a VZ-R. Thats why it doesn't sell very quick. I do agree about the figures, but in the city, there is a concept known as a petrol shed, which means you don't need a bowser following you. And it is quite a good distance cruiser outstation, since it has adequate power low down to stay in high gears for long periods. Doesn't quite match the low end of, say, the white SiR that madmax had, but decent. The VZ-R isn't for everyone, and does need a deep pocket to use as a daily driver. Certainly, I wouldn't be happy using it as a daily driver. Its most definitely a weekend car in my case. Besides, IMHO, it would be wasted as a daily commuter to plod to work and back.

In anycase, this whole VZ-R thing is a little off the mark. I belive the car in question is a CJI.

Go for it, a friend of mine has a pristine condition CJII and he says he will not sell it for a long time as he gets good Kmpl (9-10) and parts are fairly common and is comfortable. Please dont listen to some wackos who knows next to nothing about most things but hoots none the less. See if you can nego with the seller and knock the price down, or if you want that particular model, look around and you might find a good buy. I was told never to buy my Nissan P11 but I am so happy with her, and I never had to ask a bowser to come behind me also. I have been to kandy and back twice on the same tank and had to fill up only on the last lag of the second journey and that is also in Yakkala. Mind you I have a 2litre in the front. At the time i filled up I had more than 440Kms on the clock and my tank holds 55 liters. Do that math. Nissans are great cars if you know how to drive them carefully.

:violent-smiley-030: :violent-smiley-030: :violent-smiley-030: :violent-smiley-030: :violent-smiley-030:

i have a VZ-R & i drive it as a daily runner & i get 7.5 km/ltr in traffic as i go out in the field as well . of course with AC :rolleyes: this is including hitting the red line at least 2-3 times a full tank.

JUST A NOTE IF YOU TRY TO DRIVE A VZ-R LESS THAN 2 REVS LIKE OTHER CARS , YES YOUR FIGURES WILL BE BAD :angry-smiley-048:

travelling outstation have not been bad & to hanguranketha & back it has done 12km/ltr

matara best i have got is 13 . ALL THESE DURING DAY TIME

no need to argue with you on this as i have been using this car for the last 3years & it has been in the company for almost 5 years .

FOR YOUR INFORMATION I HAVE NEVER GOT LESS THAN 6 EVEN DRIVING MORE THAN 4 REVS CONTINOUSLY.

coming back to the topic we have a cj11 in office 1.5l auto & it does 9km/ltr in colombo

Edited by MRM

My dad owns a 1997 Pulsar CJI and I have drive it a lot. It's a very good car and spares are not hard to find. It has a lot in common with FB 14 but for me, Pulsar is more comfortable than the FB14.

As for Fuel economy, it gives about 10 km/l in Kandy (not much flat roads) and during long distance driving it gives around 13-14 km/l.

Hope this helps.

i have a VZ-R & i drive it as a daily runner & i get 7.5 km/ltr in traffic as i go out in the field as well . of course with AC :rolleyes: this is including hitting the red line at least 2-3 times a full tank.

JUST A NOTE IF YOU TRY TO DRIVE A VZ-R LESS THAN 2 REVS LIKE OTHER CARS , YES YOUR FIGURES WILL BE BAD :angry-smiley-048:

travelling outstation have not been bad & to hanguranketha & back it has done 12km/ltr

matara best i have got is 13 . ALL THESE DURING DAY TIME

no need to argue with you on this as i have been using this car for the last 3years & it has been in the company for almost 5 years .

FOR YOUR INFORMATION I HAVE NEVER GOT LESS THAN 6 EVEN DRIVING MORE THAN 4 REVS CONTINOUSLY.

coming back to the topic we have a cj11 in office 1.5l auto & it does 9km/ltr in colombo

I suddenly feel better :) Since I have different cam and some other stuff, my milage is not so bad :)

Nice looking cars, eh?

http://preveenr.fotopic.net/p36854720.html

http://preveenr.fotopic.net/p36854696.html

And the GTiR

http://preveenr.fotopic.net/p36854692.html

Interesting to compare N14 and JN15s

http://preveenr.fotopic.net/p36854717.html

Of course, I'm pretty biased :D

Really not relevant tho. VZ-R use a completely different engine, the SR. The normal CJ1 used a GA?

Edited by Pericles

I suddenly feel better :) Since I have different cam and some other stuff, my milage is not so bad :)

Nice looking cars, eh?

http://preveenr.fotopic.net/p36854720.htmlhttp://preveenr.fotopic.net/p36854696.html

And the GTiR

http://preveenr.fotopic.net/p36854692.html

Interesting to compare N14 and JN15s

http://preveenr.fotopic.net/p36854717.html

Of course, I'm pretty biased :D

Really not relevant tho. VZ-R use a completely different engine, the SR. The normal CJ1 used a GA?

i have already stolen that pic from you , check my avator :alc: