• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mp4 And Mp3 Players

does any one know the average prices and where to buy ?

i know that you guys are experts on many things.

:blink:

well, a 128mb mp3 was 8000 buk in liberty plaza a couple of months back.... and a USB-mp3 player 512mb was around 7700 a couple of months back.... but not sure about prices now...

i got my 1GB USB-mp3 player from the US and it was only 5200... you couldnt find 1GB in SL at that time...

but i suggest you try to get it from overseas cos it will be VERY much cheaper...

well, a 128mb mp3 was 8000 buk in liberty plaza a couple of months back.... and a USB-mp3 player 512mb was around 7700 a couple of months back.... but not sure about prices now...

i got my 1GB USB-mp3 player from the US and it was only 5200... you couldnt find 1GB in SL at that time...

but i suggest you try to get it from overseas cos it will be VERY much cheaper...

dilesh what is the most sold MP3 player capacity in SL.

do you know this

1GB

do you know this

1GB

machan y dont u go for an ipod?will cost u abt 12k for a 2GB one i think n there is a local agent for them...can find out later for u...damn stylish but they get scratchd easily

do you know this

1GB

If you really want a good MP3 player go for Apple iPOd Dims. You can select from iPod Shaffle, Nano, Mini and photo according to your needs. I've got a 60GB iPod photo and 1GB Shuffle. I'm using the iPod photo as my external storage as well. I've an idea of giving off the 1GB shuffle, let me know if you are interested, I bought it in Apple online store in the UK and it's with the original seal and never been opened!!!

machan y dont u go for an ipod?will cost u abt 12k for a 2GB one i think n there is a local agent for them...can find out later for u...damn stylish but they get scratchd easily

It sounds pretty cheap machan, I bought my 60GB iPod Photo and 1GB Shuffle for £299 & £89 six months ago and now they are going like £299 & £69 in the UK. So, how do they sell 2 GB for 12k here? :blink:

This may just be a coincidence but I know 6 different people here in usa who have had both the iPod and the Nano, and none of them lasted more than 6 months. It wasn't anything to with physical damage but the damn things kept saying they need to be reset, and when they took them to the Apple dealers they couldn't be reset! And one of my friends got a replacement plan when he got his one, the first one packed up, they replaced it because they couldn't fix it, and what do u know the second one kicked the bucket as well...And that's a huge waste of money. Also there are known compatibility issues for users not using a Mac.

I think iPod's have just become a fashion statement, there were other mp3 players before they came on the market, and there are others which will outlive the iPod. I've heard good things about both the iRiver and the Creative Zen micro. The iRiver comes by default with Sennheiser earphones which are way ahead of the ones that come with the iPod, so better audio quality. And both the Zen and the iRivers' look real good too,though maybe not as nice as the iPod. Just look at some online reviews and see what you want.

Only problem is I don't know about their availability in SL. However if it's just 2 or 5GB ones you're looking for I'm sure you can find a good price online.

This may just be a coincidence but I know 6 different people here in usa who have had both the iPod and the Nano, and none of them lasted more than 6 months. It wasn't anything to with physical damage but the damn things kept saying they need to be reset, and when they took them to the Apple dealers they couldn't be reset! And one of my friends got a replacement plan when he got his one, the first one packed up, they replaced it because they couldn't fix it, and what do u know the second one kicked the bucket as well...And that's a huge waste of money. Also there are known compatibility issues for users not using a Mac.

I think iPod's have just become a fashion statement, there were other mp3 players before they came on the market, and there are others which will outlive the iPod. I've heard good things about both the iRiver and the Creative Zen micro. The iRiver comes by default with Sennheiser earphones which are way ahead of the ones that come with the iPod, so better audio quality. And both the Zen and the iRivers' look real good too,though maybe not as nice as the iPod. Just look at some online reviews and see what you want.

Only problem is I don't know about their availability in SL. However if it's just 2 or 5GB ones you're looking for I'm sure you can find a good price online.

Strange machan, I've been using iPod for nearly 2 years and my friends have been using for more than that, but we've never come across any problems. Also I use Windows XP and never had any compatible issues.

do you know this

1GB

well, most of the people i know have 256s and a few have 512s....

true an Ipod is like way cooler and better.. but for me, the cost factor was a BIG thing.. i didnt feel right about spending so much on a luxury device like a MP3 player... thats why i went for a USB.. its pretty funky.. u also get the radio and voice recorder.. u can even record off the radio in it....

so i guess its up to you.. depends solely on what you want and how much you're willing to spend... :blink:

Strange machan, I've been using iPod for nearly 2 years and my friends have been using for more than that, but we've never come across any problems. Also I use Windows XP and never had any compatible issues.

That's why I said it might be a coincidence

well, most of the people i know have 256s and a few have 512s....

true an Ipod is like way cooler and better.. but for me, the cost factor was a BIG thing.. i didnt feel right about spending so much on a luxury device like a MP3 player... thats why i went for a USB.. its pretty funky.. u also get the radio and voice recorder.. u can even record off the radio in it....

so i guess its up to you.. depends solely on what you want and how much you're willing to spend... :blink:

OK if you guys want to buy a MP3 or MP4 what feautures do you seek and what price do you buy at,

Please put down the list.

If you wanna go 4 a i-pod don't go for a nano. Though it's sleek and very nice looking reliability problem is there. Go for the i-pod photo with a bigger capacity. or there are many othe media player options are there in the market... yeah... I pod is kind of a fashion statement. :blink:

I don't think there are authorized I-pod agents in SL, but only authorized re-sellers. “BT Options” is 1 of them... but not very good name in after sales and services. Lot of complaints. Try alpha-micro also... they do other apple stuff.

ipod agents in Sl is BT OPTIONS no2 Temple Lane Col 3.....If u r goin dere lemme knw..could get a discount...

No agents for i-pods in SL... just the re-sellers. bad service at BT (very close inside info) could get for cheaper from MC & try UnityP. best is to get a one from S'pore. cheaper...

OK if you guys want to buy a MP3 or MP4 what feautures do you seek and what price do you buy at,

what i expect in a mp3 player is that, it should have a small speaker as well rather only using the ear phone. a clear disply, most probarbly like the iPod, and it should be compact. other than this, the normal things other mp3 players have is fine.

about the price, if its a branded one i wouldnt mind spending about 8000 - 12000 bucks. if its just an unknown brand, then about 4000-6000 like. hey this is only my opinion. :D

To add my 2 cents, I got my Creative Zen Micro in the States last July for $199. 5GB. Had one scare when some goof at office got water all over it and it refused towork, but it's fine now. Its got a couple of features iPod doesn't have, like voice recording, FM radio and FM Radio recording :(, and u can partition it for data. I belive that tho the Micro was $200 back then, the 40-60GB Zen was also the same price (I wanted the shirt pocket sized one) Creative has there multimedia ones for photos and movies too, I remember the introductory price being 60k over there, just pre-July last year. Zen Micro has awesome sound quality, tho that might be in the earphones too, the packaged earphones are really good.

They also have the advantage of being solidly supported by EPSI, which has been dealing with Creative for a number of years.

I'd recomend Zen over iPod anyday. iPod took off for two things,

1. Marketing and image (Not something I considered)

2. Podcasting and iTunes. I haven't looked in to podcasting, but iTunes isn't relevant in the local context anyway, unless u wanna pay for ur mp3s.

The take off of iPod HAS resulted in a lot of accessories, some merely fashion items (no use as far as I am concerned) but some useful stuff too, like the dock speaker set and support in some of the newer cars. Even small mircocars like Toyota's Aigo have iPod support.

Toss up. Creative fitted my needs better. I really wanted that radio and voice recorder functions (I didn't want radio recording, but since there was no extra charge....) Also keep in mind that companies like Creative and iRiver have been in the market for much longer than Apple.

BTW, my product research centered around the players with Li-Ion batteries, not the AAA ones u find in the 128mb to 1GB range. Thats the domain of Creatives MuVo series, but I didn't look into that. I do know that that has radio and voice recording too, but not about the competition.

just wondering machan... are you tryhing to buy one for youself or get down a new product to market here...

if it's the latter.. most options at cheapest price with max warranty. this will sell :(

if it were me i would go for one with a good warenty and reliable easy to use controls.... i wouldnt go for high capacity if the player has something like a USB interface which is plug and play so that i can put the songs wthat i want without too much trouble...

:)