• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Well, I'm Officially Ready To Take Turns .... Fast!!!

Mean Green z28

It was a minor pain in the ass 'cos the kit didn't exactly go together (had to take the front shock tops apart and had to make my own tool to do that) but all the bitching and swearing was worth it 'cos now I can set the ride height to ANYTHING I want and the shocks are fully tunable on their damping. This thing handles like it's on rails!!!!

Sorry no pics of before after right now but I'll post some later when I get the car cleaned up and the ride height adjusted after the springs settle, but here's pics from the install :grin: ... click for larger and more pics. in the album.

31422145358.jpg 31422145479.jpg

31422145534.jpg 31422145550.jpg

31422145566.jpg

It was a minor pain in the ass 'cos the kit didn't exactly go together (had to take the front shock tops apart and had to make my own tool to do that) but all the bitching and swearing was worth it 'cos now I can set the ride height to ANYTHING I want and the shocks are fully tunable on their damping. This thing handles like it's on rails!!!!

Sorry no pics of before after right now but I'll post some later when I get the car cleaned up and the ride height adjusted after the springs settle, but here's pics from the install :grin: ... click for larger and more pics. in the album.

31422145566.jpg

sweet..

whats the make (brand) of the shocks bro?

31422145566.jpg

Waht is that black color tube crossing over the shocks

Paint the rear axle/diff.? Possible, but a pain in the ass right now and it's not gonna do anything for performance and it's under the car. Later.

Arc Angel ... They're Koni shocks all the way around. They're the best I could find within my budget and the only ones that can handle the spring rates I wanted (all other brands like Bilsteins/etc. fail after a few months with the high rates). The coil over spring setup is from Ground Control (www.groundcontrol.com). The springs rates are 550 lb/in in front and 175 lb/in in the rear.

ruwan67 ... the black bar would be the sway bars. They were upgraded to larger diameter hollow for better cornering/less weight.

Edited by Mean Green z28

Arc Angel ... They're Koni shocks all the way around. They're the best I could find within my budget and the only ones that can handle the spring rates I wanted (all other brands like Bilsteins/etc. fail after a few months with the high rates). The coil over spring setup is from Ground Control (www.groundcontrol.com). The springs rates are 550 lb/in in front and 175 lb/in in the rear.

thats great bro.. they are the best anyway, right?