• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine vibrating from EV to engine

Afnan Azhar

Question

6 answers to this question

11 hours ago, Afnan Azhar said:

Hi there, 

Im having a vibration and a noise in my toyota aqua when it converts from EV to petrol engine. No errors are indicated and i have scanned and it shows nothing. Battery is good. What may be the problem here?? 

If things like engine and transmission mounts are okay..then the issue can be a rough startup. A lot of Hybrid vehicles are having rough change overs due to low quality fuel which clogs up intakes, reduces fuel pressure and flow efficiency and in extreme cases can cause carbon build-up, etc.... This sort of makes the starting up process a little bit more cumbersome. For most of these cases, using things like injector cleaners and fuel additives seem to temporarily solve the issue only to come back after sometime.

I am not saying this is the issue with your car...but it can be. 

17 hours ago, iRage said:

If things like engine and transmission mounts are okay..then the issue can be a rough startup. A lot of Hybrid vehicles are having rough change overs due to low quality fuel which clogs up intakes, reduces fuel pressure and flow efficiency and in extreme cases can cause carbon build-up, etc.... This sort of makes the starting up process a little bit more cumbersome. For most of these cases, using things like injector cleaners and fuel additives seem to temporarily solve the issue only to come back after sometime.

I am not saying this is the issue with your car...but it can be. 

Yeah maybe the problem is the fuel quality,, will it be solved if i add fuel injector cleaners? 

7 hours ago, Afnan Azhar said:

Yeah maybe the problem is the fuel quality,, will it be solved if i add fuel injector cleaners? 

Worked for my Corolla Touring. After bringing it down and using it for three months I noticed the engine switch over was not as smooth as it was in Japan (no hard jerks or anything but cranks a bit harder). Used the cleaner (before an oil change) and things were normal. But I am sure it will go rough again. The thing is you can't be adding cleaner all the time. Fuel additives usually break down water and impurities, but it doesn't clean them, so the gunk still goes into the engine, which impacts ignition. Try changing the type of fuel. Most car enthusiasts would agree that for some reason, 93 Oct (the Euro something) tends to be a bit cleaner than the 92 and even 95 from other suppliers. You can try switching to 95 if you which but remember that this is not going to affect ignition or anything but would be purely for any quality-related benefits (if there are any). For what its worth...back in the day my Mark X which required high oct fuel did a lot better on 93 than on 95.

Remember the Aqua is graded for Regular petrol in Japan which is anything from 88 to 95 Oct (depending on the brand of fuel)...the average is around 92 Oct for regular with some of the pricier brands being 95. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, iRage said:

Worked for my Corolla Touring. After bringing it down and using it for three months I noticed the engine switch over was not as smooth as it was in Japan (no hard jerks or anything but cranks a bit harder). Used the cleaner (before an oil change) and things were normal. But I am sure it will go rough again. The thing is you can't be adding cleaner all the time. Fuel additives usually break down water and impurities, but it doesn't clean them, so the gunk still goes into the engine, which impacts ignition. Try changing the type of fuel. Most car enthusiasts would agree that for some reason, 93 Oct (the Euro something) tends to be a bit cleaner than the 92 and even 95 from other suppliers. You can try switching to 95 if you which but remember that this is not going to affect ignition or anything but would be purely for any quality-related benefits (if there are any). For what its worth...back in the day my Mark X which required high oct fuel did a lot better on 93 than on 95.

Remember the Aqua is graded for Regular petrol in Japan which is anything from 88 to 95 Oct (depending on the brand of fuel)...the average is around 92 Oct for regular with some of the pricier brands being 95. 

Thank iRage for ur valuable response. So which type of injector cleaner u used for ur vehicle and how much period it takes for the smoothness?? 

This car is regularly been driven by 92 oct so maybe it will be normal when switchin to 95 as u stated.

1 hour ago, Afnan Azhar said:

Thank iRage for ur valuable response. So which type of injector cleaner u used for ur vehicle and how much period it takes for the smoothness?? 

This car is regularly been driven by 92 oct so maybe it will be normal when switchin to 95 as u stated.

I used WURTH just because that is the one that was just sitting there :)

Smoothness came back after about 50-100km ? Just enough run0in time for the system to get cleaned up. This would depend on how dirty the system is I suppose.

Try switching to 93. Depending on where you pump it from 95 still might not make a difference and end up spending extra money unnecessarily.

Again...this is pure speculation ! It worked for me. That does not necessarily mean it will result the same with your's any other car.

Also remember, if you use a cleaner you need to change oil towards the end of the tank.

Edited by iRage

13 hours ago, iRage said:

I used WURTH just because that is the one that was just sitting there :)

Smoothness came back after about 50-100km ? Just enough run0in time for the system to get cleaned up. This would depend on how dirty the system is I suppose.

Try switching to 93. Depending on where you pump it from 95 still might not make a difference and end up spending extra money unnecessarily.

Again...this is pure speculation ! It worked for me. That does not necessarily mean it will result the same with your's any other car.

Also remember, if you use a cleaner you need to change oil towards the end of the tank.

Thanks i will try this and see.