• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sticky Choke on a Nissan N16

carboy2011

Question

I have a problem with my Nissan N16 (1.6 manual) ,it failed its emission test on high hydro carbon levels and then got the injection cleaned and tuned it up, but now the choke is sticking and the engine is revving to about 3000rpm and the only way to stop it so far is switch off the engine and then switch it on again about 3 times

any idea as to what caused this and how it can be rectified as I need the car for a long trip in a week

1 answer to this question

On 10/13/2024 at 3:28 AM, carboy2011 said:

I have a problem with my Nissan N16 (1.6 manual) ,it failed its emission test on high hydro carbon levels and then got the injection cleaned and tuned it up, but now the choke is sticking and the engine is revving to about 3000rpm and the only way to stop it so far is switch off the engine and then switch it on again about 3 times

any idea as to what caused this and how it can be rectified as I need the car for a long trip in a week

Did you clean the throttle body and intake as well. Also check on the Air flow sensor and Oxygen sensor.