• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Impreza

Duncan

Hi everyone

Been a while since I came here.

Got to drive around in a new generation Impreza yesterday. In our market we get a choice of 15, 2.0, WRX and STi.

I found the 2.0 to be under powered whilst the WRX lived up to expectations. But what really disspointed me was the looks, hatch back and poor boot space.

It is quite clear that Subaru is aiming at a different market segment. This segment is dominated by Golfs, Audi A3, BMW3 in our market. Considering this, I wonder how the scoobie is going to fair.

visit www.autobotswana.com to read our first impression.

Cheers

I saw a couple on sale at a local dealer(agent). Can't say the looks are special, but Subaru's never looked great just drove fantastic. No doubt I will see one at Paul's soon to be up graded so I will get a closer look.

Maithri.

you just haven't crossed the right subarus then :)

I saw a couple on sale at a local dealer(agent). Can't say the looks are special, but Subaru's never looked great just drove fantastic. No doubt I will see one at Paul's soon to be up graded so I will get a closer look.

Maithri.

Subaru is a great car to drive, the driving position is superb, for me Driving a STI and Impreza is same, STI has more power but very easy to drive,

Try

www.zenperformance.co.uk I am friends with the team here and see some very special ones-including the one currently in Japan taking part in the time attack series! 0 to 60 around 2.5 seconds. Look them up.

Maithri

I think Shak was offended over the comment that they don't look great, not the performance :) IMHO, I've rather liked the looks so far, barring the frog-eyed Impreza, the R2 and the Sambar :D But the Legacy has always looked pretty good.

In terms of practicality, i think the Impreza might fall short of say, the (boring) styx cars such as Corolla, 3, Sunny...

On looks though, the older cars have very unique identifiable characteristics...until the 2008 model, which looks quite generic sadly.

I can't comment on the NA cars, but can vouch for the turbocharged models- they are different beasts. With the signature boxer thrum and great handling...its a great alternative to the much-appreciated Evo.

Like all high performance cars though, they don't do well when hacked and abused- but if constantly and carefully maintained...they are very easy to live with- if one ignores the fuel consumption 'issue'.

In terms of practicality, i think the Impreza might fall short of say, the (boring) styx cars such as Corolla, 3, Sunny...

On looks though, the older cars have very unique identifiable characteristics...until the 2008 model, which looks quite generic sadly.

I can't comment on the NA cars, but can vouch for the turbocharged models- they are different beasts. With the signature boxer thrum and great handling...its a great alternative to the much-appreciated Evo.

Like all high performance cars though, they don't do well when hacked and abused- but if constantly and carefully maintained...they are very easy to live with- if one ignores the fuel consumption 'issue'.

"they are very easy to live with- if one ignores the fuel consumption 'issue'" - looks like your honeymoon with the new acquisition is going great! :rolleyes:

Hey Guys- for security reasons, our network blocks upload/download activity...so won't be able to post pics.

But in brief- got a hold of an Ash Grey WRX STI V, 1999 Original Import (brand new) with 27,000kms on the clock. Has all the STI goodies, and a few zero sports/MRT add ons. Not going to race it/modify it...its more than fantastic in its current state...Needless to say, i will be biased towards the Subaru camp here-on :)

Hey Guys- for security reasons, our network blocks upload/download activity...so won't be able to post pics.

But in brief- got a hold of an Ash Grey WRX STI V, 1999 Original Import (brand new) with 27,000kms on the clock. Has all the STI goodies, and a few zero sports/MRT add ons. Not going to race it/modify it...its more than fantastic in its current state...Needless to say, i will be biased towards the Subaru camp here-on :)

super. Still think the classic shape is the best looking. with that low milage and the zero sport add on's yuo have got yourself a good car.