• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Final Drive

dilan_rs

Guys need some info about the final drive. Please provide me the info about which is better. If the EG's final drive is better (From what i have heard) is it possible to get a mod for the EK's to run the same final drive as the EG's.

Thanks.

the eg8 has a final drive of 4.25 vs. the ek3's 4.05.

the eg8 also has higher 2nd ratio than that of the ek3.

seeing as a type r gearbox has a final drive of 4.7, i'm guessing the higher the better :)

I'm sure the experts will comment better.

On the modfront, if it is decided that the eg does indeed have a better box, guess you could swap.

Edited by Arc Angel

This mod is basically good for Drags. But if ur not into that i don't see the point doing the swap. Higher final drive will result high rpms when cruising also def not good with the current fuel prices

machan is it a mod to the existing box like crash & Burn implied or a complete swap of he box?

Edited by Arc Angel

Ok guys now i have a ruff idea about the mod. The big question comes now. How much is the mod going to cost. Im in 2 minds. I need to get my engine a port polish and then i have the final drive mod. Which do you think is the most effective for me? I like twisty roads not much in to drags. Opinions guys....

You can fit the EG8 wheels into the EK3 gearbox housing no issues....

I'm not sure of the cost but you basically need to locate a EG8 VTEC gearbox or someone who has one but vtec gearbox's arent cheap and not easy to locate these days.

Do you own a VI or a VI-RS?

Edited by crash.n.burn

You can fit the EG8 wheels into the EK3 gearbox housing no issues....

I'm not sure of the cost but you basically need to locate a EG8 VTEC gearbox or someone who has one but vtec gearbox's arent cheap and not easy to locate these days.

Do you own a VI or a RS?

you can get a vtec box for around 30k. from what I hear (and please dont hold me to it) an SiR 2 box will be around 150k. But there are none to be found.

I have a Vi-RS bro. Is there any differences in the Vi and the Vi-RS gearboxes. I heard that the Vi and the Vi-RS had the same engine.(1999) They both had 3 stage vtec d15b engines but im clueless about the differences with the gearboxes.