• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Troubling Noise From A.c

DarkangeL

Question

Guys I'm having some probs with my a.c...

when I switch on the a.c ....ther's noise like...sshhhh....

but it starts slowly.....cooling is little bit les...& after few minuts..there come's a very loud noise like a gas leak.... it's like it is leaking some gas from a pipe or some thing.. & it wont stop till I switch off the a.c.. :unsure:

from an earlier thread I've mentioned about some vibrations & sounds from engine...I chkd those by a garage...they were engine mounts...now thts fixed & nomore vibration from engine.thx for ur valuble advice guys.

but...still when I'm stuck in a traffic with a.c on whole car starts to vibrate..

some advice on ths ...pls guys... :unsure:

sorry about my little knowledge on car mechanism...I tryied explain as much as clear..thx.

7 answers to this question

had the same problem with my ac.

Some bits of leaves and stuff had gone in to my compressor. and there was a gas leak from the condenser. The guy said that when the gas is low it causes the compressor (or the cooler) to make that weird sound.

on the vibration issue, maybe your ac idle needs to be adjusted.

Edited by Arc Angel

had the same problem with my ac.

Some bits of leaves and stuff had gone in to my compressor. and there was a gas leak from the condenser. The guy said that when the gas is low it causes the compressor (or the cooler) to make that weird sound.

on the vibration issue, maybe your ac idle needs to be adjusted.

thx for ur fast feedback bro......respect..

will it cost me a lot to solve ths prob.. :rolleyes: ... my car is vitz..

thx for ur fast feedback bro......respect..

will it cost me a lot to solve ths prob.. :rolleyes: ... my car is vitz..

well, I had to put in a new cooler anyways, so that took about 12k. they wanted to repair my condenser leak but said it'd prolly leak again so we replaced it (7K). rest was just for gassing.

You might wanna check for a leak as well. then it'd be easier to estimate the cost.

when the gas goes low you get this noise from the evoporator which is inside the dash board (under the gloove box in most cars). I think you get this hiss noise from there?

No issues. there is a gas leak some where is your system. you got to get it fixed. otherwise the compressor would be running continuously and apparently heat up and get damaged. so you better attend to it as early as possible. it would also cost you a lot on your fuel as the compressor is running through out.

no option, if you have a car and it has a problem, you got to fix it, no matter what the cost is

well, I had to put in a new cooler anyways, so that took about 12k. they wanted to repair my condenser leak but said it'd prolly leak again so we replaced it (7K). rest was just for gassing.

You might wanna check for a leak as well. then it'd be easier to estimate the cost.

oh nooooooo......... :blink: father................why me............... :(

there goes my x mas bonas.... :action-smiley-060: