• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Mis In The Morning

maikk99

Question

Hi All

I m having a problem with my car Toyota Carina (Diesel) Auto.

The problem is when I start the vehicle in the morning vehicle vibrates and there is kind of a mis. some times the engine stops. Specially this happens when I put it to a gear (either Reverse or Drive) without pressing the accelerator

Also when the engine mises and if i accelerate the engine get back to normal state. can this be an issue with the diesel line or of the injectors?

Experts pls advise

thanks

mike

5 answers to this question

Hi All

I m having a problem with my car Toyota Carina (Diesel) Auto.

The problem is when I start the vehicle in the morning vehicle vibrates and there is kind of a mis. some times the engine stops. Specially this happens when I put it to a gear (either Reverse or Drive) without pressing the accelerator

Also when the engine mises and if i accelerate the engine get back to normal state. can this be an issue with the diesel line or of the injectors?

Experts pls advise

thanks

mike

was it gradually developed or appeared suddenly? and whts on the clock (mileage?) most probably the engine should be 2C(turbo?) .. good engine but vulnerable to quick wear 'n tare. This symptom can be due to few reasons, starting from simplest

1. Air in the diesel line and fuel flows back to tank (but then you'll need to crank more to start )

2. Faulty one way valve in the hand pump (where the diesel filter fits in) or blocked filter (then this lag of power will remain not only in the morning)

3. Most probable reason could be injectors if this solves when the system heats up

4. Head plate of the diesel pump may need a service

5. lack of compression in cold start.

if you need any further assistance call up this number 0773064477 he's the person i'm getting my diesel engines repaired..

Does your car have a Coolent temperature sensor? If it does, it could be going bad and giving the ECU wrong signals.

Also check up on carbon build up.

Pls note these comments are only based on my experience with petrol vehicles. Im not too sure if it would be the same for yours.

Does your car have a Coolent temperature sensor? If it does, it could be going bad and giving the ECU wrong signals.

Also check up on carbon build up.

Pls note these comments are only based on my experience with petrol vehicles. Im not too sure if it would be the same for yours.

well bro as you've mentioned and experienced, the sensor issue is there with EFI petrol engines.. but AFAIK this carina comes with a 2C Diesel engine which has mechanical diesel pump hence its mechanical fuel injection, unless otherwise it's a common rail injection engine of a new generation which has electronically controlled injectors. Then there's a possibility of a sensor being culprit.

was it gradually developed or appeared suddenly? and whts on the clock (mileage?) most probably the engine should be 2C(turbo?) .. good engine but vulnerable to quick wear 'n tare. This symptom can be due to few reasons, starting from simplest

1. Air in the diesel line and fuel flows back to tank (but then you'll need to crank more to start )

2. Faulty one way valve in the hand pump (where the diesel filter fits in) or blocked filter (then this lag of power will remain not only in the morning)

3. Most probable reason could be injectors if this solves when the system heats up

4. Head plate of the diesel pump may need a service

5. lack of compression in cold start.

if you need any further assistance call up this number he's the person i'm getting my diesel engines repaired..

Thanks Harshan for the comments

Yes you are correct the Engine is a 2C(no turbo). mileage is 130K.actually this started suddenly when I changed the Fuel filter in the service station last week

Pls let me know the name of the guy who get your diesel engine repaired

thanks

Thanks Harshan for the comments

Yes you are correct the Engine is a 2C(no turbo). mileage is 130K.actually this started suddenly when I changed the Fuel filter in the service station last week

Pls let me know the name of the guy who get your diesel engine repaired

thanks

well then that must be a problem of having air bubbles in the diesel line.. they might haven't tightened the filter properly.. dont know whether this allowed here therefore drop a quick mail at [email protected]